Gas reservoir vs High pressure vents

At first look, it seems to me that the gas reservoirs are disproportional in comparison to high pressure vent storages.

The gas tank is enourmous taking 21 tiles, yet storing only 150kg of gas. In a room of similar size i could store ~420 kg of gas.

Even if i consider the wall tiles of my pressure room, i would still end up with 5 tiles for gas storage for 100 kg of gas.

For any other scenario than the range of 100kg-150kg, the high pressure room is more space efficient than the gas reservoir.

Of course there is the benefit of not needing an extra pump for the tank, which i appreciate. But the capacity should either be slightly higher to make them at least equally good as a hp-storage fo reasonable size, or the reservoir should have some additional benefits like: removing germs, easier cooling/heating, etc.

Yea sounds way too small, could be 1,000 kg easily.

Also dose anyone know what happens if you cool the gas reservoirs from the outside to below the liquification temp of its contents, or a liquid tank above it's boiling point?  Do they have vents or drip ports?  This could be very useful.

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, blash365 said:

At first look, it seems to me that the gas reservoirs are disproportional in comparison to high pressure vent storages.

The gas tank is enourmous taking 21 tiles, yet storing only 150kg of gas. In a room of similar size i could store ~420 kg of gas.

Even if i consider the wall tiles of my pressure room, i would still end up with 5 tiles for gas storage for 100 kg of gas.

For any other scenario than the range of 100kg-150kg, the high pressure room is more space efficient than the gas reservoir.

Of course there is the benefit of not needing an extra pump for the tank, which i appreciate. But the capacity should either be slightly higher to make them at least equally good as a hp-storage fo reasonable size, or the reservoir should have some additional benefits like: removing germs, easier cooling/heating, etc.

I build my reservoir into my liquid/gas room like that:

image.thumb.png.1f2b1f56551fd3b14bc554495fc0eaad.png

Same for gas, I'm building only the reservoirs until I have plastic for high pressure vents. This way you get more storage space than before using the reservoirsimage.thumb.png.773230e3b1aaf804d8ecbeebce5988c8.png

It's bizarre, size of gas reservoir hitbox is 3x6. But you can avoid that and get "real hitbox" to 3x5 if you build a gas reservoir next to another.

image.thumb.png.32ef5af13a99f909311d479f9eb929f2.png

Archived