I like the new "easy" mode

With it, I can try out new things much more easily. I do know that I have food, stress and disease solved, but it still takes a lot of work each time. This way, I can concentrate on other, new things until I have mastered them. Sure, when the game is final, I will definitely do a "survival" play-through again and I may do so before.

What is your take on it?

Sorry, but the Easy Mode was always in the game. In previous versions of the game it was known as custom game. The "Easy Mode" is the same with the easiest settings at a custom game.

To test some new game mechanics, I use the devmode or the sandbox mode.

5 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Sorry, but the Easy Mode was always in the game. In previous versions of the game it was known as custom game. The "Easy Mode" is the same with the easiest settings at a custom game.

Not for food consumption and that is the biggest thing for me.

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Then the new "Ravaging Hunger" setting may be for you! They want 3000kcal/cycle on that ;)

Has anybody tried yet whether you can actually survive on this?

Long term would be easy.  Cycles 4-30 might require dedicated mush bar until lice have made enough mealwood seeds.  Certain maps might have dirt and mealseed too far away from start.  Think of it like taking 3 bottomless stomachs as your starting team.  I think it will be a lot like fatalistic.  It just slows down the early game but you can ignore after 50 cycles

Archived