Gold, Copper and Tungsten meteors

Currently Iron meteors make Iron as a resource renewable without being dependent on geysers. Since all geysers are pretty random and differ each play-trough, you can't really use these as a sustainable late-game source of metals.

Since meteors are spawned in space every map, I'd love it if the Iron variant could be supplemented with Gold, Copper and Tungsten. The amount and frequency would be RNG based on configurable values for balance purposes.

One reason i can think of is that in reality most meteors are made of iron. Well another reason might be the need for steel lategame so iron comes in handy. I got nothing against other metals falling in meteors as well. But i think iron would still be most useful lategame.

Actual meteors come in 3 broad types, stony, iron and carbonaceous condrites, in addition water based comets have been recommended.

To make a condrite meteor I would use something like frozen Naptha, after landing they wont stay frozen for long and will evaporate but could be useful if collected in time.

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

One reason i can think of is that in reality most meteors are made of iron. Well another reason might be the need for steel lategame so iron comes in handy. I got nothing against other metals falling in meteors as well. But i think iron would still be most useful lategame.

12 hours ago, goboking said:

I'd rather not.  Iron is more realistic (as far as I know) and it's in greater demand because of steel.  I say leave everything else out there in space for our astronauts to retrieve.

Let's face it, when you have geysers spewing metals in stead of hot water the "realism" argument goes out the window.

Other then that, having all metals as a renewable resource on every map, without suffering from RNG, opens up more options. The medium doesn't really matter to me.

10 hours ago, Deshiba said:

having all metals as a renewable resource on every map, without suffering from RNG, opens up more options.

We could always get extra metal from asteroids. I expect launching rockets to grant some raw metal. At least for the smooth hatches.

Archived