THE DEFENSIVE PACK!

Hello, players and developers!

It’s a bit long time ago since my last ideas post. And I haven’t try the newest version (I mean the GREAT EXPRESSIVE UPGRADE).

Well, as some players mentioned about, this game lacks AGGRESSIVE animals or creatures (those aggressive things are one of the reasons why another game of Keli, Don’t Starve, so great).

And seems that the place is too peaceful.

So today I am going to introduce my proyotype ideas about defenses (and yeah, it is still a mess in my mind).

1. Shardy plant

An overworld plant in the asteroid. Absorbs heat for energy, this plant is more common in hotter areas. And they can transfer heat to a special energy that stored in their shards can power duplicants’ lazer guns. And more weapons. Cultivable. 

2. Defense Factory

Don’t worry it would be expensive. It’s only 600 raw metals, not quite expensive for early stage. Makes weapons and turret cores.

3. Example of new weapon - Lazer MKII

A enforced version of duplicants’ default lazer gun. Require 1 power shard plus 200 raw metal. (MKIII requires 2 shards and 200 refined metal)

4. Example of turret - Musket

This turret is cheap and requires no turret core to build. But instead, it must be manually controlled by Guard duplicants. Uses real solids as ammo.

5. Infinite source of enemies - Intruder portal

Asteroid. Possible future living space. There are also someone who also want to colonize asteroids as new homes. Instead intrude from surface, a portal is used to open the way. Can be destroyed for alloy. (brand new Alien Alloy.)

6. New occupation - Guard

With the new schedule system, I think I don’t have to explain how it works in my DEFENSIVE PACK ideas.

( :p sorry I am lazy )

Again, this is my proyotype idea only. Please give further suggestions if possible. And I hope developers can adopt those ideas!      [^-^]

6 hours ago, Madbro said:

2. Defense Factory

Don’t worry it would be expensive. It’s only 600 raw metals, not quite expensive for early stage. Makes weapons and turret cores.

When you have the infrastructure to fully utilize this building, raw metal would be a rare commodity.

Maybe alte in the game there would be alien drones landing among the asteroids (when asteroid rains are balanced properly). The drones would fly around in space and attempt to damage your structures (they could not damage bunker tiles and doors) and attack dupes. They can get destroyed by random asteroids or by dupes (and maybe later an automated defence system). They would drop an alien alloy that would be useful for more bunker tiles and maybe defences.

The drones would be something like the hounds in Don`t Starve but only appear after you break into space so maybe more alike the underground worms.

I know we have duplicants who can punch abysalite walls into dust under enough stress. but I don't want this cute suckers to fight.

a tool station that create tools (better mining/building guns in speed/range) for the duplicant to use instead of it being hooked to the job system that would be sweet.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:55 AM, Madbro said:

6. New occupation - Guard

With the new schedule system, I think I don’t have to explain how it works in my DEFENSIVE PACK ideas.

Guard Trainee, Guard, Experienced Guard, Chuck Norris. ;)

Some sort of active hazards would be nice. Altho i dont know about aliens, id start with nests/hives of wild animals, that are hostiles to dupes and can replicate, infesting whole areas if not destroyed. Like bee hives and spider dens from DS. Having certain guard area and being extremely tough to destroy.

Imagine fighting zerg(starcraft) or arachnids(starship troopers) in ONI universe. More of a natural hazard, rather than intelligent hostile life forms.

11 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Guard Trainee, Guard, Experienced Guard, Chuck Norris. ;)

Some sort of active hazards would be nice. Altho i dont know about aliens, id start with nests/hives of wild animals, that are hostiles to dupes and can replicate, infesting whole areas if not destroyed. Like bee hives and spider dens from DS. Having certain guard area and being extremely tough to destroy.

Imagine fighting zerg(starcraft) or arachnids(starship troopers) in ONI universe. More of a natural hazard, rather than intelligent hostile life forms.

AWESOME! 

Archived