Does anyone else notice...

Hey, has anyone else notice that quotes have been slowly changing, like more for Wilson and Maxwell. Like they seem to be making Wilson more of a funny guy a bit, it just something I noticed. 

Also just want to throw this in here because I'm bored. Does anyone also feel like DST has overall kinda lost the original tone and feel of DS? Just want to start a conversation here, too many cobwebs growing on the forums. * blows off the dust*

9 minutes ago, Auth said:

You should list a few examples of what you mean by it getting easier, makes it better for starting conversation. (:

Well I meant,to say not lowering the difficulty but maybe just not raising up the stakes enough. To be honest just forget that I don't know where I was going with that. Nothing much can be raised unless they update it so yeah..sorry if I just confused you. 

8 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

Well I meant,to say not lowering the difficulty but maybe just not raising up the stakes enough.

M/Goose and dfly no longer threaten your base. Revival is pretty easy. Then there's a lot of convenience items added in like the mushlight, salad scaled furnace, mushroom farm, ect. And then there's the bundling wraps that completely ignores spoilage, and thus throws a core gameplay mechanic out the window.

So I'd say that the difficulty was lowered while also lowering the stakes a bit. It kinda depends on the amount of players really. But in general, it seems like things got easier.

1 hour ago, Ali Bun said:

Hey, has anyone else notice that quotes have been slowly changing, like more for Wilson and Maxwell. Like they seem to be making Wilson more of a funny guy a bit, it just something I noticed. 

Also just want to throw this in here because I'm bored. Does anyone also feel like DST has overall kinda lost the original tone and feel of DS? Just want to start a conversation here, too many cobwebs growing on the forums. * blows off the dust*

It is an a-salt on senses. - Maxwell : Salt

6 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

M/Goose and dfly no longer threaten your base. Revival is pretty easy. Then there's a lot of convenience items added in like the mushlight, salad scaled furnace, mushroom farm, ect. And then there's the bundling wraps that completely ignores spoilage, and thus throws a core gameplay mechanic out the window.

So I'd say that the difficulty was lowered while also lowering the stakes a bit. It kinda depends on the amount of players really. But in general, it seems like things got easier.

Yeah that's actually is something I was going to bring up but most people don't actually utilize all these things. I mean after year one (If you know what you're doing) things get a bit too easy. Honestly I say the biggest challenge in this game is helping people on public servers who are learning and gets you killed lol. I wish the ways to get said convenience items where a bit more challenging.  

No and yes. No, because DST is still harder than classic DS without RoG. Yes, because DST is easier than classic DS with RoG.

It's very important to remember when comparing difficulties.

Because some players did the "DS then DS + ROG then DST" path, and they got a lot of time to adapt to difficulty and all. So DST is easier for them than RoG, but they also got plenty of time to adapt and learn, and DS was a lot easier than RoG (and still, hard at first).

At the contrary, people starting DST now will usually start in a world with RoG, and most of the things lowering the difficulty mentioned here require to fight hard bosses, so they aren't available for beginner. Scaled furnace ? Dragonfly. Mushlight ? Toadstool. Even mushroom planters require to kill a treeguard, and treeguard is usually dangerous and scary for new players. And mushrooms are only useful when you know how to use them right.

So DST is harder than DS. But most players learned a lot, and so the feeling isn't the same anymore. It's also because we changed, not only because of the change of the game. I do strongly think that the feel is still here for players discovering the game now.

Archived