How would you approach massive caustic/topside.

Ive a colony with slimelung sterile atmosphere. Mixed hydro/O2/PO2/Co2.

At The top I have this huge caustic zone as of yet unexplored.

I have in previous games liquified chlorine, but its not worth the effort.

How would you approach specifically:

1) the huge chlorine pockets

2) how/what/where would you take the morbs & their po bubbles.

Need to dig kind of fast so se can build steel under any space biome damage.

image.png.eb912c7ba44ed530a4f27a37ade5583b.png

Personally? I'd charge right in.  Chlorine doesn't do any serious damage, it just hangs around near the bottom of your base where your CO2 skimmer usually cleans up.  Pump it off to the side somewhere to setup some drecko feeders later.

The Morbs are problematic, but they're not a huge deal.  Pop them with attackers then stick in a deodorizer or two.  They usually don't have enough atmo to actually cause you serious slimelung even if you don't deodorize them.  If you want an  interesting fix, pump the PO2 into the local ice biome off to the right.  The cold will kill the slimelung.  Just try to work around that one big PO2 area near the top of your base on the left, or pop it slightly towards the right and stick in two deodorizers and use it as an O2 source.

Your three biggest concerns, in my mind, will be the two nearly hollow vertical areas flanking the the NG Geyser.   Those are the 3 places you'll need the most early protection.  The hollow areas can be dealt with by putting some compactors near the bottom of the ladder and building with whatever material is the closest.  If you go up the left hand hollow, while you're putting in your steel plates hang a right and try to get into the nearby ruins and shove some more steel between the meteors and the geyser.

One thing you didn't mention is the cool steam geyser on the left.  That's going to need some cover too, and I don't see any easy path for you to try to tackle both sides at once.

I could zig to surface by just bursting the hydrogen on The left, then building a Corridor on The surface mafic. But then I would lose 2 layers of protective rock. And I would still have chlorine pockets problem. Annoying.

Edit: Its actually very viable to build a "spaceport" waterlock + suit station, then just vent all of those gasses to space.

There are 2 ways to go about it:

1. Just dig out through the caustic biome and make some room below your base for the chlorine to fall.

2. Build a ladder through the biome and walls on both sides of it with higher priority so they build the walls right away. Most chlorine should stay outside.

As for morbs i prefer to lock them in their caves with tiles or airlocks and deal with them later if i need them for anything.

Archived