Puft farming - not enough polluted oxygen

You need to find a geyser that releases PO and build your Puft farm by it.

20180723080322_1.thumb.jpg.00dd8c8784bee715311a1c891859edd9.jpg

If it wasn't for the fact the ruins where blocking my build I would have placed the geyser inside the build. I wish we could deconstruct everything in ruins and not just walls.

So I tested this just now to be sure. The setup was little chambers, one wide and nine high, surrounded by abyssalite.

Q1: Does any gas get converted?

In the bottom tile of each was 999 kg of PH2O. In the eight tiles above were vacuum or various gases at 1kg/tile.

What I found was that no gas is converted to any other gas. If, above the liquid, there's vacuum or gas at a pressure below some cutoff between 1500g and 2000g per tile, the PH2O liquid will occasionally convert to PO2 gas.

Q2: How much PH2O gets converted to PO2 at a go?

The amount converted was always 1.0kg when the amount of liquid in the tile was between 990 and 1000kg. So I tried various amounts of liquid.

In general, the amount when the PH2O was no more than one tile deep was about 1/1000 the amount of PH2O. I saw maybe kind of a funny thing when there was 1500kg of PH2O--it seemed like more gas appeared than liquid disappeared. Maybe I set it up wrong? Trying another experiment:

Q3: How much PH2O gets converted to PO2 when the liquid is deeper than one tile?

I set up 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, and 4000 kg of PH2O, with vacuum above.

The amount of PH2O converted to gas was always 1kg, even when there was only 500kg in the top tile of the PH2O column. So it looks like the amount that gets converted is 1kg, or 1/1000 the mass of the vertical slice, whichever is less.

Archived