Massage table no longer have priority assignment

Why?, i have a manual generator at 9 priority to power the message table, the dupe uses 1 second the manual generator, he goes to the message table to use it 1 second and repeat.

Another problem is that I used to have different massage tables with different priorities:

1: if stress above 40%, 6 priority

2: if stress above 60%, 7 priority

3: if stress above 80%, 8 priority

I can not do it now.

8 minutes ago, hectorzx said:

i have a manual generator at 9 priority

A bit correction, in all buildings it is sub-priority and always overridden by duplicant priorities. It is only applied when they had some pending errand with same priority, or in same category. Generate power is "operate" job.

Screenshot_35.png.a5cc20ea8a9e7549879da90b06b2d4dd.png

Relieving their stress currently more important than any job (not sure about life support), it is been like that since long ago (at least before I play this game). I agree with you on adding sub-priority on message table. it will help to determine which message table will be used first (if we had many). But I don't think it can make dupe doing work first then using message table, it is on a different priority.

Just now, hectorzx said:

Pre "expressive upgrade" i could change priority on message tables

Yes, I can change message table sub-priority too on CU or ranch update. But it still higher priority than any job. They still using message tables when they need to, even though there is a digging job with 9 sub-priority.

Just now, abud said:

Yes, I can change message table sub-priority too on CU or ranch update. But it still higher priority than any job. They still using message tables when they need to, even though there is a digging job with 9 sub-priority.

Nope, pre "expressive upgrade" i had a massage table with sub-priority 4 that was used only if the dupe was idle.
It is not listen in the changes the elimination of the sub-priorities. why would they do it?. I think it is not intended.

image.png

I don't see the problem with this.

• If you have massage tables A(40%), B(60%), C(80%)
  • If Stinky reaches 40% stress he will immediately go to table A.
  • While A is busy, your stress minimum will be 60% and dupes that reach 60% will go to table B
  • When Stinky is done with table A, any dupe that has stress above 40% will now be able to relieve it at table A.
  • If both tables A and B are busy, then your stress minimum becomes 80% and dupes will go to table C.

Isn't this your final goal - to relieve stress gradually?

1 hour ago, martosss said:

I don't see the problem with this.

• If you have massage tables A(40%), B(60%), C(80%)
  • If Stinky reaches 40% stress he will immediately go to table A.
  • While A is busy, your stress minimum will be 60% and dupes that reach 60% will go to table B
  • When Stinky is done with table A, any dupe that has stress above 40% will now be able to relieve it at table A.
  • If both tables A and B are busy, then your stress minimum becomes 80% and dupes will go to table C.

Isn't this your final goal - to relieve stress gradually?

No, i only wanna them to use the massage table if the estress is above 40% when they are idle, 60% if they are not very busy and 80% ASAP.

1 hour ago, hectorzx said:

No, i only wanna them to use the massage table if the estress is above 40% when they are idle, 60% if they are not very busy and 80% ASAP.

1. Dupes should never be idle.
  2. Again, there isn't "very busy" or less busy - they're always doing something that needs to be done.

You should think about stress  separately from jobs - decide what value is acceptable, for example 60%, and set all tables to that.

2 hours ago, martosss said:
  1. Dupes should never be idle.
  2. Again, there isn't "very busy" or less busy - they're always doing something that needs to be done.

You should think about stress  separately from jobs - decide what value is acceptable, for example 60%, and set all tables to that.

1 When i said idle i mean 5 or less priority.

2.Yes, for me there is, if for you is diferent that is another point. I want dupes to do things that are more important that others, that is  the purpose of  priorities, i do not want a dupe to use a massage table at 10% stress if he is "busy", but if there i not  anything important to do at the moment i want him to use the massage table.

I don't even know why are you argue my style of play.

Because stress tables should be a last resort thing when dupes have really high stress. They shouldn't be routinely used.

There should always be something important for your dupes to do, thus that "idle" state with everything complete shouldn't exist.

Archived