Bug - Level fails to start: "Fall of Hessian Tower"

wightsnow

Summary: I cannot start the level. I can watch the movie scene, but when level starts, it exits to main menu while minimizing the game and opening a black notepad document.

Steps to repro:

- Attempt to start stated level. Doesn't matter if movie scene is skipped or if continuing from previous level or level select.

- As Soon as level would start, game is minimized with windows error tone. An "untitled" and blank notepad document opens with the notepad error message "The system cannot find the specified path."

- Upon maximizing game window to full screen again, main menu is showing.

100% reproducible

Windows Vista 64-bit, HP pavilion factory default hardware. GeForce graphics card.

Enjoying the game so far.

Have this same issue on my computer..

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

CPU E3 1230 V2

NV 5600Ti

I just bought it from steam on Friday, and start to play it till the level of "The Fall of Hessian Tower" Saturday, then encounter this bug.

• Developer
Is there any information on this? Even an "unable to reproduce" would be good to know. If I try to uninstall and reinstall, can I keep my save file data?

Your save data is stored using the Steam Cloud service which keeps it on Steam's servers. So if you re-install the game, all of your saved progress will still be there. (even if you play on different computers with the same Steam account, your progress will be sync'd between them)

That being said, the first thing to try is to verify the integrity of your game cache. If your game download was corrupted or missing files for some reason, this should fix it without having to re-install.

You can find the steps here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335