Need help with conveyor

Yo peeps!,

So I have never really dealt with conveyors before other than fertilizer farm.  I usually don't do coal either, but I am starting to look at automation more and I am having a problem.  I set up...

5b527c4857c8d_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.454861978d5e9dafda7aad85d709d7f9.png

So, I filled up my storage units with my coal.  Well, the sweeper will not take the coal from the storage to add to the loader.  Now, I shut them off, as you see in the picture, because then it loads just fine.  What am I missing?  How does one store items that can be loaded onto a loader?

Loader on the right should have higher priority than containers.

• If containers have priority 5, loader should have priority 6 or more.

Also make sure that you chose coal as a possible material for loading in the loader(click loader and tick coal, so the sweeper loads coal in it for transport).

Also, make sure the conveyor is empty. Currently the conveyor is full, so the sweeper won't load any more stuff(look at the green yellow red bars - that's a bad sign!).

On the left, You probably want another container where the coal should be unloaded and stored. So on the left remove 1 plant and make a normal 20t container, set it to coal and priority , say 5. Then set the receptacle on the left to a lower priority, e.g. 4, so that the left sweeper will unload from lower(receptacle) and load to higher priority(container). That way you'll gather most coal next to the generators and it will be easy to reach(so even if power stops and there's no sweeper, you can still just order a dupe to fill the coal generator and he'll do it fast since the coal is right next to it).

Well, there's already a lot of explaining, but I share your thoughts. Feel free to browse the links in my description +  the forum, I recently had 1-2 good discussions regarding sweepers, as I'm also learining to use them, so you might browse my post history or just search for sweeper

5 hours ago, Oozinator said:

@smithdlyour battery collection makes no sense. Use smart battery /heat/loss and automation or coal will be away soon..

I think he is, there's a blue wire running through the mesh that looks like automation.

54 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I think he is, there's a blue wire running through the mesh that looks like automation.

You are right as always.
But all those batteries are only good for  heat.
I run one smart battery for one loop.

Archived