Need some sort of replayability aspect

Right. So, I have been thinking about what I've wanted from this game for a while, and I believe that its replayability. Every colony is the same; you just go through the motions, again, and again, and again... And also, things are just way too predictable sometimes. The only "unpredictable" thing in this game is building a new machine that you are unsure about. That's it. It kinda sorta feels like sims 4 in a way.

What I would like to see is:

Some natural disasters - drifting towards a star, or too far away from a star, both changing temperatures, things like that

New asteroids - maybe a setting at world gen, maybe something you can do mid-world - some sort of ice - asteroid, lava asteroid, etc.

More diseases - sorry, I love this game, but the diseases are just too lackluster in my opinion. Slimelung use to be some looming threat, and it made things really fun, but now it's not even something to be worried about

Stuff like this

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

1 hour ago, mr peeps said:

New asteroids - maybe a setting at world gen, maybe something you can do mid-world - some sort of ice - asteroid, lava asteroid, etc.

We could get a comet passing nearby, dropping ice meteors in huge numbers giving you some trouble but only happening once every 100 cycles or so. Normal asteroids might eventually make lava if they overheat regolith by hitting it too much but first we need a system allowing heat radiation in space.

1 hour ago, mr peeps said:

More diseases - sorry, I love this game, but the diseases are just too lackluster in my opinion. Slimelung use to be some looming threat, and it made things really fun, but now it's not even something to be worried about

We need a disease that spreads by touch. By the way we need dupes to transfer germs from tiles they walk on and liquids they walk into. A disease that gets consumed just by the dupe having it on his "surface" and not dying on solid tiles would bring new challenges and make plastic tiles more worthwile for their antiseptic properties. It would also make more sense to quarantine sick dupes, especially if they would spread germs by touching stuff.

I think it should be tied to the morb (instead of slimelung) since the morb is supposed to be house of quadrillions of germs. Maybe there should be morb morphs spreadin different germs. Also ther should be more ways to spread germs to food like a fly type of critter that spreads disease all over your base.

+1 on the OPs post, so many things could be done in terms of challenges.

I also would so love to see fire and radiation in the game: Tools, machinery, logistics, jobs & thinkings to work with those.

What I don't need is a desease (now) , I find the game already in depth with germ technology, for me it already feels like a desease simulator. If one wants to detail that: Add medic job, Ebola, UV water treatment and chlorine tablets.

If we can set it the game options which challenges ( caused from "the outside" ? ) we want to have in the world and how severe, that would be great. I guess some players are looking for challenges which are forced on to them every now and then. I would like that too.

Triggering an severe event without the player feeling it force on to him is simple:

If its in the later game possible to order something from the outworld...and the player does this - A severe catastrophe may be triggered on to the colony. In this way, the player still has the control to maybe or maybe not trigger the event.

Some possible danger-event-trigger, new threat or a bunch-of-new-problems could be triggered if a player goes in to a certain discovered biome or area.

This would cater for the players who want to continue a peaceful colony or which do not want new problems "from the outside".

Im in dire need of exciting challenges, thrill & industry...

Archived