Ability for printer to print creature eggs and plant seeds

Hello and good time of day.

Please add Ability for printer to print creature eggs and plant seeds.

This can be simulated in form of when printer ready - spawn egg or seed from creative mode toolbox - reject all dupes. 

But it will be nice to see this feature added as game mechanic.

Thanks in advance.

I`m not really sure if it`s needed. We are already swimming in seeds as existing plants just produce new ones and only planting new consumes them. Printing eggs isn`t needed as well. Critters lay them pretty fast when tamed and provided with enough room. It would be kinda an easy mode to get some food or rare critter morphs that take some dedication to breed (like the shinebug ones).

But i`m ok with that as an lategame option. After you`re done with the basic technologies the dupes might try to reverse engineer the printing pod and reprogram it or make their won one for printing critters. Then again thre`s little reason to print critters lategame unless you somehow managed to kill off all of them. Maybe critter modification? Gene engineering? Mad science? Still lots of cool possibilities there.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:19 AM, Sasza22 said:

unless you somehow managed to kill off all of them

I managed to do this. I had issues with my stable and all the critters died off, went extinct. It would be nice to undo that. I wouldn’t want the printer as a steady source of eggs/creatures though.

+1 great idea

I would also like the option that I somehow can order Slime for some insane "payment" of energy, water or some other tradeable substance . To be specific, I want to order 10 ton of Slime per Cycle or a one off 5000 tons Slime order/delivery/dropoff/transport. I can pay with Hydrogen in bottles or whatever xD Im willing to build an expensive space shuttle, fuel it and train a dupe pilot to collect it from the next Starbucks Asteroid.

Archived