Cute Update 1&2(Ranching), now Social Update 1(Expressive)

Cute Update 1&2(Ranching), now Social Update 1(Expressive)

I am so starving for fire,explosions,more industry,robotics and such...

Im praying that the farm and social stuff comes to an end sometime in this year,

who else would like to see more industry in the game ?

I would like to suggest insulated doors, high pressure gas pipes, gas tanks, a 1000 ton`s compactor storage skip, nuclear reactor stuff, fire hazard and firefighting equipment, robot construction and robotic helpers/assemblers, dupes building their own construction ladders/scaffolding to erect and build placed blueprints, medic job/rescue team dupe jobs, heavy drilling equipment ( which has to be assembled on-site ) for tunnels on some hard special materials etc., some kind of boss enemies or threats ( how cool would it be to setup and sacrifice resources to setup a small defence army ), motor production for whatever creative use ( used in a large construction crane, in vehicles or some hydraulic machinery ) etc.

Give us the atomic age, there is so much which could go wrong on that, it would give us some adrenaline joy !!!

Faaaactoriooooooo xD

True, I missed that. I played a 1000 cycle map without volcanoes - It is nice that it now rains the much needed materials.Still waiting for a new industrial process to produce slime in a new industrial large scale way.

Since recently I only play in debug god mode to add a few thousand tons of slime every now and then.

I built all the ranching stuff without god mode over hundreds of cycles, but I find it tiresome and to be able to feed 100 to 300 dupes...well ranching would fill half of the map. My mushroom farm alone takes up around 1/10 of the map.I built a dedicated PC ( maximum Intel turbo boost single core cpu speed, all other cpu cores deactivated ) just to be able to run ONI with hundreds of dupes, so I guess I like the game :p

As mentioned: I am ( we are ? ) so starving for fire,explosions,more industry,robotics and such...

I would be fine if they launch an Atomic Age DLC for $10, where a dedicated small team work on for half a year. I guess the small step monthly game iterations make it hard for the devs "To make the big throw".

BTW I feel a casual gamer which doesnt watch lots of videos about it, will never be able to get the steam turbine running...Playing the game "normal" and not watching how-to or exploit videos.

I cant even get the turbine working with god mode. I know I could watch lots of videos on how to get it working easy with god mode, but I dont want to.

I played the game for something like a total of 5000 cycles ( 4000 without debug god mode, since 1000 I play with assisted god mode ). Mainly for regular mass slime placement and an initial placement of 10 water geysirs.

I hope they add my much desired slime industrial production and allow us to setup values for map generation on things like amount of geysirs and volcanoes etc., as I would like to play again without god mode.

My play style is with hundreds of dupes, I enjoy my Lemmings. BTW The whole egg stuff in the game makes me mad xD - Not my thing.

Game on everyone :) Let the world know what you desire and hope for !

I hoped for a materials update with refined minerals maybe concrete, dim glass (reducing light under the sunburn treshold or just cut by 50%), light sensors, more material refinement, plastic modification, craftable alternative to abyssalite and overall resource rebalance. But i can wait. It`s early acces after all. I`m not getting what i hoped for but i still like what i`m getting (if that makes sense).

The point of the game is making a colony for you dupes to live in, utimately. The dupes are a central element of the game as much as the base building or the engeneering challenge. I mean different players like different things in the game, fair's fair, but it might be good to remember this isn't just 'factorio, the cartoony version'.

We already have plenty of indusrial stuff.already. Could the game use more ? Probably But it works fairly well with what it has already. Compared to besides the dupe-centric aspect of the game which is very undevelloped, it's not a priority at the moment

Besides it's not like thre hasn't been new materials and technical things added in, the cosmic upgrade added steel, ceramics, bunker and solar pannels among other suff. A recent updae added  new small and big transformer and so on.

(... I wouldn't mind  fire and explosion tbein implemnted in game one of those day, tho.)

I respect other players opinions and views, I play ONI mainly for the industry, technology, water/gas/power etc. systems, material science, problem/hazard solving, scifi,dupe/conlony survival, resource management, production, transport, fun and supply chains. I have 10 dupes with the name Travaldo, some players like to play small colonies others like to play with 100 dupes. I was disappointed when the map was strongly reduced in size, but the change was needed so that most people can run the game. I still hope there will be a selection one day in the map generator to select "2x" or "4x" map size, without depending on mods. An updated developer road map would be nice, but I guess its pot luck on what content will be implemented in 2019. From my point of view the next half a year could be spent on "Atomic Age" stuff or whatever new industry/machinery or half a year on fire/explosions/combustion, rescue jobs and associated things :) Personally I would like to define a firefighter team or a little army defence team, an (radiation?) emergency fix team and such, that would be my dream. Countering large scale problems ( Fire, radiation, flooding etc. ) with dupe action teams or building large projects with an construction team as example.

This does not mean I dont like or accept the-sims features, being able to put house numbers on a dupes little cribb, talking with each other, having the post collected or seeing them put plates in a dishwasher. So far ONI allows both, large scale play style and a-few-dupes-detail-comfy-village.

My waiting on game content is...Mhhh whats this month ? Oh Sims stuff. Lost in the lottery.

Archived