How do you capture the shine bugs?

Not sure but, if you have a critter drop down into the wild set to zero animal, shine bugs, auto-wrangle,

image.png.853715e7c87e34b6e446797ca6d545dc.png

and a room with the same drop down but number of critter (shine bugs) above zero the ranchers will go and capture the bugs and bring them to said room, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Argelle said:

Not sure but, if you have a critter drop down into the wild set to zero animal, shine bugs, auto-wrangle,

image.png.853715e7c87e34b6e446797ca6d545dc.png

and a room with the same drop down but number of critter (shine bugs) above zero the ranchers will go and capture the bugs and bring them to said room, isn't it?

Shine bugs can't be trapped or wrangled, so it's odd that they are included in critter drop offs 

Ether this is a bug or they plan to allow wrangle shine bugs in a later update

The most effective way I've managed to achieve - build on top of them:

• a basic door works great - needs to be on auto mode. Then the bugs stay inside the door(same as other critters, e.g. hatchlings)
    • This is a great way to make a farm of Bristle Blossoms in the beginning(as well as building them next to the spawn point as it provides free light).
  • if you build a tile of some sort they stay blocked inside that tile.

A side note: After around 20-30 cycles my shine bug died(disappeared). I think that was because of starvation. :) Therefore, you might consider feeding it something ... somehow ... ? Not sure how you can do that through the door though. Maybe build other doors around it, destroy that door, make a (food) container, deliver food(bristle berry/phosphorite?) to it and destroy it? I know, that sounds pretty stupid in my head too, so I'd just let it die after some time, you don't need it later in the game anyways, since you have 8W lamps that give you 8 plants worth of light.

On another side note, I had a manual airlock and if dupes pass through it critters can pass too. So probably that won't work for capturing them. the transparent door works though. Pretty glitchy, but it works.

Archived