liquid valve not working

Hi all, I'm trying to do some water cooling builds and realized that the flow control is not working for the liquid valve..(trying to get it send out 10g/s instead of 10kg/s)20180703194911_1.thumb.jpg.82eacbe93f74a23b724a7f21136ef383.jpg

you can put a valve here
image.png.e9938b514f9063e02cd9b879dd8322d0.png
between these lines,
but putting one here
image.png.1e8e368c3f788671081b91fb2b1507fd.png
is pointless if you dont put a break in the line for the valve to bridge.
the valves don't get individual priorities, in your priorities menu there is a Toggle setting, set it to the highest ^

could you do me a favor and turn on your plumbing overlay and take another screen shot with the mouse hovering over the valve in question?

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Do you have an engineer with operate on full toggle? 

yeap, plenty engineers at max; i have at auto-prioritize on job screen so whoever gets to be an engineer is at max priority

20 minutes ago, LZ96 said:

this is current the overlay, sorry that i still confused of what you mean =( 

20180703204956_1.thumb.jpg.5ad8ecfe002190431d6a9a840d49209c.jpg

It says "Errand Assigned", so at some time some dupe come and switch it to your new value. 

Changes not instant - dupe must work with valve to set intended value

Just now, Prince Mandor said:

It says "Errand Assigned", so at some time some dupe come and switch it to your new value. 

Changes not instant - dupe must work with valve to set intended value

its been sitting there for the last 50 turns at least =(

1 minute ago, LZ96 said:

Some priority problem. Try simple things - send one dupe manually to this point. Possibly path blocked somehow.

After that, build couple of doors, set restrictions on door to allow only entrance, but not leaving and send dupe there. Allow all tasks for this dupe. If he will stand near valve and be idle - then this is bug, report it

13 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Some priority problem. Try simple things - send one dupe manually to this point. Possibly path blocked somehow.

After that, build couple of doors, set restrictions on door to allow only entrance, but not leaving and send dupe there. Allow all tasks for this dupe. If he will stand near valve and be idle - then this is bug, report it

oooh.. let me try that real fast

13 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

awww, thanks, that did the trick; i guess my dupes just don't want to touch the valve XD,

now that the hydrogen room on the left corner has no usage hahaha

20180703212710_1.jpg

5 hours ago, LZ96 said:

The "Toggle" priority must be up high, otherwise your dupe will prioritize its job.  Auto-priority will set Toggle to the middle -- not high, not low.  You need to manually set "Toggle" to high priority.

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

The "Toggle" priority must be up high, otherwise your dupe will prioritize its job.  Auto-priority will set Toggle to the middle -- not high, not low.  You need to manually set "Toggle" to high priority.

auto priority sets dupes to highest from the jobs tab (upper right corner of the screenshot)

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

Correct.  "Toggle" is not on any job list.  Or at least, it wasn't.  Which means unless you set the Toggle priority yourself, it will stay at normal priority.

oohhhh i see what you mean now.. thanks

Just now, LZ96 said:

oohhhh i see what you mean now.. thanks

You bet.  Basically, because "Toggle" isn't a part of any particular dupe job, it will always be the last thing picked from the list.  The 'block the dupe from leaving' trick above basically got rid of any of the conflicting tasks that were keeping the dupe busy.  The easier alternative is to set the "Toggle" priority for your dupes to high or very high.  Then when you change a valve, they'll run to adjust it.

17 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

You bet.  Basically, because "Toggle" isn't a part of any particular dupe job, it will always be the last thing picked from the list.  The 'block the dupe from leaving' trick above basically got rid of any of the conflicting tasks that were keeping the dupe busy.  The easier alternative is to set the "Toggle" priority for your dupes to high or very high.  Then when you change a valve, they'll run to adjust it.

I think someone should add a post just saying this, because there is a thread like this one almost once a week haha.

One of the first things I do upon starting a game is setting toogle at max for all incoming dupes.

Archived