My first win, WHOOO!!

CaptainChaotica

gorgewin.png.c63de3bf791fd332a5f598b066c96cee.png

I realise by now this is nothing special, and we didn't do any flashy "no-this-thing" type achievements either, but for someone who until now has had a hard time getting anybody to play with her/finding a willing team who actually KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING, this is amazing.  I went up like 11 levels in one go!

Also my first win was a duo:

twoferhaha.png.3029c462ee8567a61cbc3271e8faac8a.png

Major thanks to our own @Mattyington for the help!  First time I've ever won in the Gorge (yes, really) and victory was sweet.  Also cheesy.  And snacky.

toomanychests.png.281f99717b477755c68cc68eb2b6409a.png

...that's a lotta chests. (For me, anyway.  I'm aware it's not any kind of record.)

And then the VERY FIRST THING out of the VERY FIRST CHEST was, kid you not:

blackwidowwickerbottom.png.cfd4f57fa11af368c2cbc147790852cd.png

THIS.

...actually my first elegant/one of my first things in general in the Forge, was ALSO the Wickerbottom head.  I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Followed by the Woodie elegant head and the fancy firepit, within only a few chests later.  DAYAM.  I'm tempted, even though I don't have many resources at the moment, to go smoosh the normal firepit in my current regular playthrough and replace it with the wrought-iron one.  Because wrought iron.

:D

...Notorious

Congratulations! I kind of figured it would get harder and harder to find a team as the event went on which is why I made my guide.

There are people willing to help though, but you have to search for them. Don Giani (dongianizoo for the Klei forums) is helping people out occasionally.

Amiexa (from the gorge help and recipe thread) also helps newcomers out, too. I'm typically a bit busy testing some things and experimenting with new, better ways to achieve wins, but I can offer assistance should anyone ask.

Once again, good job on your first victory and I hope you have luck finding some people to play with from here on out!

Edit #1

Soulk also helps others out sometimes. He posted a helping thread in the looking for group section.

Yeah, there's a few people I know from both here AND as a Steam friend, so they're the ideal ones for me to play with.  Since I know they'll be nice 'n' all.

...the problem is getting our schedules coordinated.  : P  Also, since I tend to be up at such weird hours, it happens that a lot of my Steam friends are from other continents, so ping can be an issue.  Heh.

...Notorious

6 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

ping can be an issue

The bane of online gaming.

I can relate to the schedule one. With any luck, you'll eventually find a new friend who lives in relative close proximity and plays around the same hour as you.

Have fun, but don't stress yourself out too much.

Archived