Idea for youtuber

25 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Exploits frequently get fixed

( Any one remember the Borg cube? )

And there have been cases where video's that show how to use exploits get their posts deleted by the forum moderator

I would like to subscribe to that if there is a youtube channel that do that. Most of youtubers I found only plays the game and that's it, after watching them play you got 0 knowledge. 

There was one youtuber cant remember his name, he explains thoroughly how gas work in the game pretty useful. 

2 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

I would like to subscribe to that if there is a youtube channel that do that. Most of youtubers I found only plays the game and that's it, after watching them play you got 0 knowledge. 

Well I do plan to start a "how to build" YouTube series in a few weeks.  

I'll post in gen chat when I start

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Do useful general question like how many plant you need per dups?

6 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

Do useful general question like how many plant you need per dups?

Dupe needs 1kCal per cycle, with no modifiers.  Mushrooms get you 2400 kCal and take 7.25 cycles to grow.  So you need 7250 kCal for a dupe, divide that by 2400, you need 3.02 (or so) mushrooms/dupe.  You can do that for roughly any grow time *1000 kCal, and divide it by calories per harvest.  So, Mealwood is 3 days to grow, you get 600 kCal per meal lice, so that's 5 mealwood per dupe.

Try watching any one of the existing "how-to" youtubers in the meantime.

Brothgar's channel is pretty good for solving challenging ideas. Lifegrow has a few interesting things out there as well.

You will note though, these guys do show off some exploity-mechanics, but many of their builds are defunct now because the game changes so often.

1 hour ago, avc15 said:

Try watching any one of the existing "how-to" youtubers in the meantime.

Brothgar's channel is pretty good for solving challenging ideas. Lifegrow has a few interesting things out there as well.

You will note though, these guys do show off some exploity-mechanics, but many of their builds are defunct now because the game changes so often.

Yup, I already watch Brothgar video especially the automation challenge. Though somehow he cheated in that series because all tech is already discovered prior to his playing so I do not think that would be useful for newbies

1 hour ago, WanderingKid said:

Dupe needs 1kCal per cycle, with no modifiers.  Mushrooms get you 2400 kCal and take 7.25 cycles to grow.  So you need 7250 kCal for a dupe, divide that by 2400, you need 3.02 (or so) mushrooms/dupe.  You can do that for roughly any grow time *1000 kCal, and divide it by calories per harvest.  So, Mealwood is 3 days to grow, you get 600 kCal per meal lice, so that's 5 mealwood per dupe.

Yup I already know that I am just saying that the game is quite scary and somehow stressful for new gamers. Somehow most of the new gamers I read in this forum is struggling to pass the 50~100 cycle mark. They do not have the right direction to transition from early to mid'ish game

2 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

Yup I already know that I am just saying that the game is quite scary and somehow stressful for new gamers. Somehow most of the new gamers I read in this forum is struggling to pass the 50~100 cycle mark. They do not have the right direction to transition from early to mid'ish game

Hrm.  I wonder if a 100 day kind of tutorial game would be helpful then.  I'm been debating on doing it for a bit.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Maybe you should create a video that is short but useful tricks. Like a daily dosage of useful tricks. I don't think you don't need to create playthrough game because there some many playthrough games already in youtube. 

1 minute ago, WanderingKid said:

Hrm.  I wonder if a 100 day kind of tutorial game would be helpful then.  I'm been debating on doing it for a bit.

I noticed this game on youtube lack short but useful videos. I was previously hooked with Dota games before and I noticed in dota there is a popular series where he just explaining the strategy and technique of each character and doesn't show any playthrough game. It's nice to have that same kind of idea for this. Where you can watch the short video but surely you will learn something.

Most of the video I play on youtube is I always fast forward and scan to see the thing that could be useful for me. I do not need to watch someone play the game if I do that I rather play the game myself done someone plays it.

5 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

Most of the video I play on youtube is I always fast forward and scan to see the thing that could be useful for me. I do not need to watch someone play the game if I do that I rather play the game myself done someone plays it.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a straight playthrough, it'd be a tips and methods kind of thing.  Actually think a huge tutorial kind of forum post might be a better start.

Just now, avc15 said:

ONI is scary for players the way rogue or darkest dungeon were scary for players.

Just jump on in, you won't receive any permanent damage.

But wouldnt it be fun to see your colony thrive do things right on first time rather than they try 3-5 times then get frustrated? 

3 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

But wouldnt it be fun to see your colony thrive do things right on first time rather than they try 3-5 times then get frustrated? 

ohhh, the age old debate.

Are games more fun when they're punishingly difficult, or easy enough for a first timer to thrive?

I personally like being punished into failure multiple times or the game loses interest within a few hours (seen the  other way, I prefer a game to remain challenging even after I'm good at it)

That's why I couldn't put down darkest dungeon for so many hours... Why I wasted my childhood years on nethack.... Why I played every dark souls through multiple times... Why I love the divinity franchise.

Archived