Skippable death cutscene and some other stuff

Brickfest

First of all I'm loving the event, you guys did hell of a job.  Here's some stuff I thought might help:

1) As much as I love the death cutscene, it would be nice to be able to skip it. After seeing it 20 times it gets kind of repetitive
2) When we started, most of our recipes failed (obviously), but we had no idea why. Perhaps a little tip from goat momma that we should try different combo could help. 
3) I'd say this is small thing but making the steam coming out when the meal is ready slighttly bigger would help. It can get overlooked quite easily if you're new to the event or there is big rush by the end of the round.
4) I'm not sure about this, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I think only the person who actually cooks the stuff, gets the new recipe into the cookbook. Think it would be fair get unlocked for everyone in the lobby [EDIT: I was wrong, both other people and me confirmed that it works like it should]

Also hope those recipes and cooking stations could make it into themain game, I love cooking in DST

I fully agree with 1, with 2 and 3 too but those aren't that important to me. 4) I believe that every player on the server gets the recipes, I had all in my cookbook and I'm pretty sure I didn't cook them all myself. 

I also agree with 5, I'd loved to see these stations in the main game.

I'm fairly certain 4) does work, I think I got my first few recipes off people that knew how to cook stuff.

On 1. though, after testing things out all afternoon solo, I think another thing Gorge could use could be a faster way to die too. Like, deliberately. In the Forge you could just take off your armor and just get battered. Here you need to wait out the timer or disconnect the server entirely and have no ways of sabotaging yourself to easily deplete the 10 minute timer to redo an experiment even not feeding the Gnaw at all. I imagine if a team of people messed up or someone disconnected this option would be greatly appreciated too.

10 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

I'm fairly certain 4) does work, I think I got my first few recipes off people that knew how to cook stuff.

On 1. though, after testing things out all afternoon solo, I think another thing Gorge could use could be a faster way to die too. Like, deliberately. In the Forge you could just take off your armor and just get battered. Here you need to wait out the timer or disconnect the server entirely and have no ways of sabotaging yourself to easily deplete the 10 minute timer to redo an experiment even not feeding the Gnaw at all. I imagine if a team of people messed up or someone disconnected this option would be greatly appreciated too.

While I think that stating methods of sabotage here may arm the Trolls with more ammunition, just feed gnaw the wrong foods. Jam cooks very quickly, you could just make several of those to deplete the timer

Ok, I stand corrected. Played gorge yesterday and it really addds recipes for all.

17 hours ago, Atkvin said:

On 1. though, after testing things out all afternoon solo, I think another thing Gorge could use could be a faster way to die too. Like, deliberately.

Simple restart vote would work the best and fairly easy to implement I think. Giving players means of killing themselves would just feed the griefers like S19TealPenguin said.

Archived