Critter Number Sensor

9 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Yeah, I'm talking about the one adapted to use with the modloader. I'll look into it when I'm home

thanks - already found the error - see my post in the modloader-thread:

4 minutes ago, Cairath said:

@Speadge I compiled a version for the Expression upgrade, if you need one for cosmic please let me know. This one returns the same count as the room critter count, i.e. live critters + eggs. I'm going to work on separate sensors for live critters and eggs.

https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/tree/master/dll-expressive

coolio - did u manage to fix the loading bug?

for testing, a CU version would be nice, since i cant play EU cause of the debug-frame-rate :D

Errr, yes, I definitely need to add descriptions there, it's been on my "i'll do it tomorrow" list for a while :p

It modifies the fixed output (40C by default) to outputting input temp, so you can't delete/create heat with it (both water and dirt)

The piped terrarium works like a normal one except you don't have to empty it from the polluted water and just pipe it out.

4 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Errr, yes, I definitely need to add descriptions there, it's been on my "i'll do it tomorrow" list for a while :p

It modifies the fixed output (40C by default) to outputting input temp, so you can't delete/create heat with it (both water and dirt)

The piped terrarium works like a normal one except you don't have to empty it from the polluted water and just pipe it out.

mehh... u r a god!

I will never play vanilla again.. i tasted blood!

Edit: sensor works as expected... looking good for now <33333

On 24.7.2018 at 9:24 PM, Cairath said:

offtopic, sorry for that:

sice all ur fixes work fine - are u aware that the conveyor-filter is not thaaaaaatttt perfect at all?
Do u even want feedback on that anyway? ;)

so i expected it to work like every shut-off valve (maybe thats the problem and i just didnt know how to use it).

i wanted to use it as an optional switch for the conveyor rail:
a shut-off valve just works when activated. and when u insert the input on a normal rail, it prefers THIS input, instead of following this rail. (i.e when u use a bridge it works this way)

When i use your filter, place it on a long rail, switch it on and filter it to "all", it still wasnt use by the objects on the rail - they just passed it.

Background to my setup: i had the idea to use it for automating my stable: when a stable has less critters than optimal, it switches your filter on, and lets eggs on the rail come into the stable.

otherwise the egg goees to the cracker...

TL;DR:

your filter input is NOT the prefered way an object uses on a rail - as it should be like in every other input. object just pass it, even if activated.

An Image says more than thou...

Clipboarder_2018_07.25-002.thumb.png.b1dedb0abc3de00a348304d1ce11ac44.png

Edit: ok, seems to work WHEN u use a middle conveyor - this wasnt obvious :-/

Clipboarder_2018_07.25-003.thumb.png.8bc9ab28ae01a21cbf1d1c537309e46f.png

Did you place it on an existing rail, so that input and output are connected? It's supposed to work like gas filter (but with possibility to filter more than one element)

Not sure if I understood you correctly, so I'm gonna just visualize it:

53e3e10452.png

Everything goes in from the left side. Things selected in the filter go out from the middle, and the remaining things go out through the green output (pass through). The rails behind the filter shouldn't be connected to each other, just to the filter.

I haven't changed the logic of the conveyor flow -- the outputs are marked as a receiver and a source.

Do you mean a situation like this? "Pulling" things out of the main loop?

5e0956cec7.png

Just tested it in game - before turning on the filter the ore went up and left. After turning the filter on, everything was 'sucked in' by the filter and filtered:

fbb7260a89.jpg

1830d9d2e0.png

Could you make sure that you haven't accidentally connected input with outputs on the filter, and if not, show me your setup?

2 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Did you place it on an existing rail, so that input and output are connected? It's supposed to work like gas filter (but with possibility to filter more than one element)

Not sure if I understood you correctly, so I'm gonna just visualize it:

53e3e10452.png

Everything goes in from the left side. Things selected in the filter go out from the middle, and the remaining things go out through the green output (pass through). The rails behind the filter shouldn't be connected to each other, just to the filter.

I haven't changed the logic of the conveyor flow -- the outputs are marked as a receiver and a source.

Do you mean a situation like this? "Pulling" things out of the main loop?

5e0956cec7.png

Just tested it in game - before turning on the filter the ore went up and left. After turning the filter on, everything was 'sucked in' by the filter and filtered:

fbb7260a89.jpg

1830d9d2e0.png

Could you make sure that you haven't accidentally connected input with outputs on the filter, and if not, show me your setup?

wow- im flattered by the work u put into this.

as edited above: i assumed it puts input to ouput, when filter is activated - didnt think about the middle output

13 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Glad you solved it :p Displaying that stupid middle icon is more trouble than it's worth right now :( I could create a shutoff though, it'd be basically an electric bridge that can be turned off.

well, that might be perfect in my scenario - but i cant speak for others - but i use shutoffs almost everywhere instead of filter...

since you are such a pro of a modder : not a request, just an idea: would it be possible to make incubators that accept "infinite" receipts? "i.e"  "alway request new ston hatchling egg...?

I've uploaded a conveyor shutoff buuuuut I'm too lazy to re-download stuff for cosmic so you gotta wait til expression branch hits live :p

As for incubators, they also require manual emptying so it'd be require changing how the entire thing works

Archived