Dupes ignore polluted dirt and water

Hi, so after i made a new game after a while i noticed big (and welcome) changes to dupes priorities.

But, i cannot make dupes to focus on priority 9 storage compactors for polluted dirt, or bottle eptier for polluted water.

Im using priorities menu, and dont have a groundskeeper, i do have 2 gofers set highest on tidy(usually not much sweep) and supply (run resources to critical buildings and urgent storage). I have no other jobs set on 9 other than deoxidiser, terrariums and musher, but those are set for other dupes.

So my main goal is to make polluted dirt and water get transported instantly when they appear. Any help much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Kaisurniwurer said:

So my main goal is to make polluted dirt and water get transported instantly when they appear. Any help much appreciated.

Not sure about the bottle empties, but storage compactors without sweeping use Storage, not Tidy. 

Ok, i was thinking supply for high priority storages. But then another question, wont prioritising storage mean filling priority 5 storages with random stuff instead of doing, lets say, priority 8 sweep? Also whats the difference between one and two arrows for priority. I understood them as do top priorities until nothing left, and only then do lower priority. Thats what im worried about, I dont want dupes to be preoccupied with moving debirs around.

10 minutes ago, Kaisurniwurer said:

Thats what im worried about, I dont want dupes to be preoccupied with moving debirs around.

Yeah, that's the rub. The best thing to do when you have lower quantities of dupes is to only have 1 or 2 dupes with Storage upranked and then keep most storage containers at either priority 4 or Sweep Only. 

Later on, I actually dedicate (sacrifice) one dupe to Storage duties just so I don't have to pay much attention to sweeping out areas that I want to develop. 

Alternatively, you can just put a Deodorizer next to the bathrooms and just get rid of the offgassing and ignore the material itself. 

Ok the 1x1 of dupe managment:

1. Raise Combat/Toggle/Tidy (except cleaning my outhouses all other actions are player commands)

2. Lower Storage (no need for it, if you can sweep critical areas)

(3.Turn on "Advanced priorities" (if you want to minimize traveling time and there are no equal prioritized tasks with different worth to your survival.))

Everything else is manageable using just subpriorities if you want to go that route

Archived