Condensors/Evaporators

There isn't a simple way now to convert a fluid between its liquid and gas form inside a pipe now, as condensing to liquid inside a gas pipe damages the pipe and likewise for evaporating inside a liquid pipe. For some systems, like say running liquid through radiant pipes immersed in magma, it might make sense to have a way to convert between liquid and gas inside the pipes.

32 minutes ago, clickrush said:

I'am personally against that, because dealing with state changes is an interesting part of the game. You can tune a system in a way so you know where the state changes happen.

You still have to deal with the state change, it just wouldn't break your pipe.

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

You still have to deal with the state change, it just wouldn't break your pipe.

Letting your pipes break is not what I mean with dealing with state changes. Using the correct current/flow, buffering heat, using the right amounts of mass, emptying/filling pipes at the right times and using the right materials is what I mean with dealing with state changes.

Just now, clickrush said:

Letting your pipes break is not what I mean with dealing with state changes. Using the correct current/flow, buffering heat, using the right amounts of mass, emptying/filling pipes at the right times and using the right materials is what I mean with dealing with state changes.

Ahhh ok sorry, I don't actually do any of that so I misinterpreted. My designs are really cookie cutter so they are never that technical

On 25/05/2018 at 3:52 AM, TV4Fun said:

There isn't a simple way now to convert a fluid between its liquid and gas form inside a pipe now, as condensing to liquid inside a gas pipe damages the pipe and likewise for evaporating inside a liquid pipe. For some systems, like say running liquid through radiant pipes immersed in magma, it might make sense to have a way to convert between liquid and gas inside the pipes.

Convert it into a small room, not so difficult to make

On 26/05/2018 at 7:09 AM, ImpalerWrG said:

Perhaps what your looking for is some kind of pipe section or building with 'vents' in it such that liquids that reach boiling point turn into gas which immediately leaves the pipe without damaging it.

Open top pipes! only work when horizontal!

Archived