Coal and Oil make no sence

OK, i'm alive and have a bug in my mind, how did coal, oil, and even diamond form?

In our world, coal was made from plants millions of years ago, still containing CO2 sank below the mud, and after many years of pressure, became coal ( and toxic gas, creating the 1st mass extinction event ), but, ONI takes place on a random asteroid, and has a proper pull of gravity, an object to have that perfect amount of gravity has to be at least 1.34X the size of earth! but i'm getting off topic, with the asteroid being small, it would be impossible to have a fully functioning life apuan it for a large amount of time.

and for oil

crude oil was originally made from plankton getting trapped and compressed so tightly they got compressed and turned into crude oil, so, how?

how were these 2 crazy things made and got on the asteroid? well, i hear your excuses, 

Hatches - OK, hatches excrete coal, but this coal is a mined solid, so you may be telling me they shot out a whole block of coal, the only way that could be even phisically possible ( due to bodily size ) is to have extremely large hatches

Siliskers - ok, ok, these make oil, simple? well, how would you explane the oil resuvuars and the empty areas of random crude oil? say that siliskers died? ok, i get that but the oil fixtures, I dont think you all can enplane it

but there are many ways to make an excuse for anything, and im sure the dev team will find a way to make this possible

oh and gravity

gravity is i- oh, were done? OK then.

The explanation for oil in this world is no longer the one you mentioned above, but it's coming from within earth's core (saying they come from living organisms would mean they are finite, and therefore, expensive)

Gravity in ONI could be explained by the nearly infinitely dense Neutronium blocks.

When it comes to oil, the scientists are considering a dual system. One, from flora and fauna, created over millions of years. And the other from geological changing. None of them would explain the amount we have. But both together would.

Aside from that... Its a fictional world. You PRINT people from ooze. 

Not sure if this is borderline necro-ing...but I'ma take the risk anyways.

Slicksters produce a hydrocarbon substance that is LIKE crude oil. A little theory a friend of mine made suggested that during a slickster's metabolizing process, they take the fuel they need from the carbon dioxide and produce hydrogen waste. 

Spoiler

Then in some more complex theorizing he made, pointed out that in order for the slickster to excrete the crude oil-esque substance they'd essentially be fusion reactors, and as such would be EXTREMELY radioactive...but let's just brush that aside.

Now for the whole shindig with the oil fissures. Just as a heads up, this is slightly morbid. 

Spoiler

Basically how they're formed is that a whole bunch of slickster cadavers are piled up and their corpses (over an extended period of time), decompose into crude oil deposits. The left over material, which need I remind you is highly radioactive and volitile, imbeds itself into the surrounding mineral deposits, overtime leading to the formations of the oil fissures.

Onto the whole coal/diamond bit, it can be reasonably hypothesized that we're on Earth's moon, or something else I'll get to later.

Spoiler

earth_0.thumb.png.2c4a35d15ad7718ba2900bb2d400c438.png

This file here, is called earth_0

Spoiler

Now I did a whole bunch of complex calculations...if you'd like to see my work, just ask and I'll give you all of my mathematical ramblings, good luck sifting through it. :wilson_goodjob:

From what I discovered according to my calculations, the asteroid weighs a whopping 1,988,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms  or 332,900 Earth masses.

It's orbit around Earth takes a minuscule 234.02 seconds to complete, or ~4 minutes.

Spoiler

Which is about half a cycle IIRC.

Spoiler

Actually, now that I think about it...wouldn't Earth be orbiting around the asteroid?

Archived