Will-The Caliginous(character)

Posted Image

Will-The Caliginous

"Darkness is in our nature."

*Can Turn into a shadow monster at night

*Has Less sanity, but it depletes slower

The Turning into a shadow monster is a trick Will can use at evening/Night, It turns him into a cloud of 'smoke'(the darkness) and allows him to to fly over water areas(thus he can cross Islands with ease, by just flying to them) and the darkness wont hurt him.

There is, however a catch.

When he enters this mode, it is like he has 0 sanity(shadow monsters can attack you ect.), but when he switches back, his sanity returns to normal and he is affected by darkness just like all the others.

Will Is a character I made up myself thinking 'how would I look like in Don't Starve?' and 'What powers would be cool?'

Thus I made the Caliginous Will :biggrin-new:

Though I didnt get the art style completely(Lines on hair/Jacket/ too thin ect), I think it looks pretty cool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some quotes he would say:

Night:I sense evil approaching. I need something to fight the dark.

Grass: Graminoids, all clumped up

Rock:It is as cold as my heart

Pond:It's not very shallow, unlike myself

Flower:One of the few things in life I enjoy

Campfire1: Light will cease to exist.

Campfire2: A bright glimmer in an ocean of darkness.

Campfire3: Light to fight the dark.

Campfire4: A holy light, purging all darkness!

Beefalo: What it lacks in intelligence, it makes up for in strength.

Raven: It peers deeply into my soul, as I do in his...

Pigmen: The Lesser race.

Science Machine: Intelligence is that which makes us better

Alchemy Machine: So I may learn the worlds greatest mysteries

Edited by DawnOfNights
  • Like 1

This is actually pretty cool. I'd definitely play as him!! And your art work is amazing!! You should do more :D

EDIT: I REALLY like this character!!!! I want him to be added!! Do it! Do it NOW!! Hahaha but seriously!!

Thenk you :>

He would be my favorite character as well :p.

I wonder what he would do with a dapper vest, since he already has a shirt AND a jacket on :/

Oooh, I really like their dialogue. The design is also simple but stands out amongst the cast of Don't Starve thus far! My only really complaint with this idea is the crossing over water. Seems like it could be a bit abused or risky as if it is automatic he could end up stuck in the ocean.If his power is activated, I am unsure how that would work.Either way, I do like the concept and whatnot thus far!Nice work!