Any help with my mods? -DST Character MOD Perks-

Hiya, I'm pretty noob when it comes to scripting my characters, it took a while to understand how to add in custom items. But there are still so much I need help, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much!!

What I'm looking for is:

The Ancient Cane FX. It'll pretty much be a mod with the ancient cane FX but without holding the actual cane.

Damage bonus in dusk and night. I've tried digging into the workshop mod, Charlie is pretty much the example I want, though When I use her code, it doesn't work. This make it so the mod gets a bonus at dusk, and a bigger bonus at night.

Neutral to an aggressive mob. mobs like a frog or a killer bee, to be neutral only to you.

That's pretty much all, I appreciate any help and/or comments!!

Not sure if it'll help but this is pretty much the source mod I got these ideas from, so I know they're possible, just don't know how to add them in the way I want:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1203081846&searchtext=charlie

Edited by Bunnyash

Hey @Bunnyash I wrote the code on that mod, so I can definitely help you with getting the code to work.

The damage based on day phase is driven by the local function updatedamage block of code and the line inst:WatchWorldState("phase", updatedamage) and the line below it in the masterpostinit.  If you have both pieces you should have damage change dynamically as Charlie's does.

As far as the ancient cane fx it's part of a code loop that checks light levels and runs whenever her hunger value changes (which is all the time).  You'll probably want to code something similar for your own mod.

As far as being neutral to mobs, adding a tag can be sufficient but depending on how the mob's brain is coded might not do anything.

On 10/05/2018 at 12:39 AM, Toros said:

Hey @Bunnyash I wrote the code on that mod, so I can definitely help you with getting the code to work.

The damage based on day phase is driven by the local function updatedamage block of code and the line inst:WatchWorldState("phase", updatedamage) and the line below it in the masterpostinit.  If you have both pieces you should have damage change dynamically as Charlie's does.

As far as the ancient cane fx it's part of a code loop that checks light levels and runs whenever her hunger value changes (which is all the time).  You'll probably want to code something similar for your own mod.

As far as being neutral to mobs, adding a tag can be sufficient but depending on how the mob's brain is coded might not do anything.

Hi @Toros Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate the help ^^

I have managed to get the damage multiplier depending on the current phases to work! Thank you! :D (It doesn't work until a phase has changed, normal damage is dealt when you enter a existing world or create a world, but once the phase changes it works fine!, not a major issue though)

Though I am struggling on the Ancient cane fx, as I mentioned earlier, I'm awful with the coding, and have no idea where to start D>

As for the mob brains, I've been trying to find help around the workshops, no luck yet, but I am currently working on it as  I type this. I've only manage to get a few codes to work with other mobs.

Thank you for your time, I hope you can get back to me! :wilson_love:

Edited by Bunnyash