Do they changed it again?

So this one is sweeper was still delivering after sweeper changed to can't deliver through airtile. But now it is not working the far ones. maybe this is the airtile change? 

image.png

And please someone explain me how to place those conveyor loader and receptacle? bcs sometimes they work or sometimes u have to change the direction so they work, i am lost :(

Similar question, I'm new to autosweepers too. I had a conveyor loader set to coal in my hatch ranch, with a sweeper delivering the coal into it fine and sending it down rails to my receptacles.

Then I added a storage container next to the the loader, also set to coal. I wanted it to store excess coal once the loader was full. But now the sweeper only delivered to the container. When the container was full, the sweeper wouldn't deliver to the loader even though it was empty and rails clear.

I tried lowering the container priority and raising the loader priority, that didn't work either. In the end I  had to delete the container and it started working fine again. How do you get it to deliver to loaders and then storage afterwards?

I'm also confused about receptacle orientation, I just put them vertically, I didn't even realise you could rotate them. Whats the benefit?

sweepers don't deliver though solid tiles (this was a bug fixed in a patch last week)

And if supply dupes can reach both the loader and receptacle connected by a rail then sweepers tend to ignore it as dupes supply job takes priority over sweepers

no reason to make thread auto sweeper is basically useless for me :(

image.thumb.png.4bbaea7dce762e88227a4e3399c6cfdd.png

this is only way i found that auto sweeper delivers fertilizer and sweeps dropped sleet wheat, so i guess use auto sweeper as a way to deliver fertilizer with two rows other than that i will never use it :(

you can have one sweeper per row and make the rows 2high - did you know that the sweeper only uses power when it's actually moving something?

So it's basically just a little less space compact, but you can still use it to save duplicant time.

Do you want me to illustrate?

59 minutes ago, avc15 said:

you can have one sweeper per row and make the rows 2high - did you know that the sweeper only uses power when it's actually moving something?

So it's basically just a little less space compact, but you can still use it to save duplicant time.

Do you want me to illustrate?

all i want was really small compact thing like in the first post(which can sustain 24 dupes without farm station :p) but i guess more sweepers

The amount of delivering to do on plants does not depend on how many sweepers you use for it and the power used scales with deliveries ... so the only difference is that you need slightly more room as you need to build some more sweepers and receptacles/loaders. You can even use automation to only run one sweeper at a time, preventing load spikes.

Here's my attempt at compact design, it can fit 44 sleet wheat plants.

rVLSxd7.jpg

4 hours ago, Jigsawn said:

Do loaders suck power all the time? Or do they use it when rails are moving only? I take it autosweepers also use power only when they are sucking/blowing? 

Loaders only use power while they're loading material onto a rail. No power is used while materials are in transit on the rail. It's exactly analogous to gas and liquid pumps and ducts/pipes.

Sweepers only use power while active, yes.

Overall, conveyor/sweeper systems are typically more power efficient than you'd imagine from the sheer wattage numbers. A big system might have potentially very high peak power demand but is likely to have much lower average load. (Speaking very generally of course, it depends greatly on exactly what you're building.)

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

how would you do this? my guess is putting a clock next to each sweeper and have them all set to different times

That's one option, probably the simplest. You can also make a "shift register":

fVRnYkO.jpg

When a positive signal comes from above, the upper buffer gate holds it as long as you want. When it stops, the bottom buffer gate holds it for a moment longer (1 s is enough) and the not gate together with the and gate will send the signal downwards, eventually triggering another such device.

20 hours ago, Kasuha said:

You can even use automation to only run one sweeper at a time, preventing load spikes.

Here's my attempt at compact design, it can fit 44 sleet wheat plants.

@Kasuha would you post the automation overlay on this sleet wheat farm, I've never used sweepers before but I think I could build this one and I haven't set up my farm yet.  Thank you for sharing.   

2 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

@Kasuha would you post the automation overlay on this sleet wheat farm, I've never used sweepers before but I think I could build this one and I haven't set up my farm yet.  Thank you for sharing.   

There's no automation there. If you mean shipping/conveyors, then you can draw one through the middle to supply fertilizer to receptacles, and another conveyor around from loaders to collect seeds. Something like this, I guess?

XvNsT4P.jpg

Or you can put receptacles outside and loaders inside, that's a detail that can be adjusted without affecting the result.

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

That's one option, probably the simplest. You can also make a "shift register":

fVRnYkO.jpg

When a positive signal comes from above, the upper buffer gate holds it as long as you want. When it stops, the bottom buffer gate holds it for a moment longer (1 s is enough) and the not gate together with the and gate will send the signal downwards, eventually triggering another such device.

I thought about that "problem" too. And came up with 2 parallel buffer gates + XOR gate. Or I missed something?

Archived