How has the wrangler update affected Slicksters?

Looking for a kind sir/madam to enlighten me on how the Wrangler update has affected Slickster productivity. Specifically:

1. Does overcrowding affect the ability of a slickster to consume (produce) CO2 (oil)?
  2. Does happiness affect the ability of a slickster to consume (produce) CO2 (oil)?
  3. How big (if any) of a nerf has been made to maximum CO2 consumption rate?
  4. How big (if any) of a nerf has been made to CO2->oil conversion efficiency?

My old save has slicksters sitting in 15kg of CO2 and climbing...

27 minutes ago, TunderLock said:

Looking for a kind sir/madam to enlighten me on how the Wrangler update has affected Slickster productivity. Specifically:

1. Does overcrowding affect the ability of a slickster to consume (produce) CO2 (oil)?
  2. Does happiness affect the ability of a slickster to consume (produce) CO2 (oil)?
  3. How big (if any) of a nerf has been made to maximum CO2 consumption rate?
  4. How big (if any) of a nerf has been made to CO2->oil conversion efficiency?

My old save has slicksters sitting in 15kg of CO2 and climbing...

Not sure on the rest, but for 4, my most recent experiments indicate that the CO2:Oil ratio is 2:1 (I believe that it was 1:1 before the update), so a nerf of 50%.

55 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Overcrowding effects happiness which in turn effects reproduction, not production.  Current ratio is 2:1 so 50% reduction, this is same for pufts and hatches

50% reduction in the ratio but do they eat the same amount at the same speed?  It feels like I need more than double the hatches for coal

Similar question - I have about 20 wild slicksters on a huge oil patch in the depth of my world. I'm piping a lot of CO2 down there from coal generators, nat gas generators, polymer press, dupes etc. Because the cave is so large, and was already full of C02 when unearthed, I'm finding it hard to tell if the slicksters are eating enough CO2 to stop it building up. If it is building up, it's taking a while, but without taking readings every few cycles around the giant cave it's difficult to see what's going on.

Does this sound like enough wild slicksters to delete a constant supply of CO2 coming down from the base? I'm worried about an eventual buildup that will block up my waste pipes. I really don't want to have to tame them because of my base setup and low number of dupes. 

Archived