Dirt or other natural terrain blocks

Hello,

It would be nice to have the ability to place dirt or other natural terrain blocks.  I mainly want this because I some times feel bad for the hatches not being able to burrow during the day in my stables.

I would like the ability to build them an actual little habitat area. 

38 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Use debug, to place solids.

I believe the op was asking for the ability to do so without doing what they may consider cheating. The debug menu is just that, debug. I've never used it or ctrl+f4 in any game I play legit.

8 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

I believe the op was asking for the ability to do so without doing what they may consider cheating. The debug menu is just that, debug. I've never used it or ctrl+f4 in any game I play legit.

Grats. I said it same way, some months ago "when i use debug once, it ruins the game for me". I was not correct about that.
Why there should be a way to place solids, outside debug, to create solids? Perhaps Klei adds some "hiding tile" for the hatches, but when they are tamed, for what should it be good?

Game has some bugs and when you encounter one, you could do it in survival and try to fix it (your choice). In a standard game, i prevent using it. :)
Had great fun using it (map was before job update)..

52 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Use debug, to place solids.

*Groan* That's basically never a relevent response so sugestion on this forum.

With regard to the original idea It sounds interesting, with regard to soil though the farm plot is equivalent to putting soil back, but this raises the question, why do we not have the option of just planting in raw soil that we expose?

Would an alternative solution be some kind of 'nest box' which is unique to each critter?  The Hatch could be show to burrow into this in some way at night and each critter would have something similar, the box helps tame the critter as well and could be used to command your critters be relocated as you could assign them a bit like beds.

It might be a bit over the top but the ability to customise the stables a little, with stuff like terrain blocks and non edible plants would be pretty cool. A favourable stable environment could give a bonus to critter happiness too :)

Archived