How to change the z layering order in a custom animation?

Hi there. Currently I'm working on an AoE weapon with custom animation. It's a drill cone that covers the hand. In which I used owner.AnimState:SetMultiSymbolExchange("swap_object", "hand") to make the weapon sprite appear above the hand.

But somehow the hand appeared above the weapon when I tried to implement a custom animation on the weapon

lurSnE5.gif

Qr5Ghvu.png

I'm using the custom animation template. I thought the layering order was determined by the animation, but it somehow it did fix the layering problem. So what exactly did I do wrong?

n4eiBfi.png

Edited by Norfeder

Got a couple of suggestions:Do you have: owner.AnimState:Show("ARM_carry") and  owner.AnimState:Hide("ARM_normal") on your onequip function? If not add them, otherwise you could also do something like owner.AnimState:Hide("ARM_carry_007") as a possible fix. The animation mod from the tutorials section usually saves the z-order, so when you moved the arm_carry_007 did you also save it and delete the customanim zip file in the anim folder and the exported-customanim as if you don't the auto compiler will build on the previous saved build. Last suggestion is I assume you have events on the timeline of spriter, is there a chance in one of the events the hand possibly overextended the weapon's holding place?

If you are swapping the symbols using multisymbol exchange, does your animation work properly without multisymbol exchange?

If yes, what is happening is the animation symbols are swapped as well. You can either change the z-order in the animation to have the hand over the item. Or clear the symbol exchange when the animation starts and reapply it when it ends.

Cheers,

Iron_Hunter

im really trying to learn animating for my character 

i'm starting to get how to use spriter animating but the thing is i'm not sure how to make this specific animation for this specific action