Ore Scrubber Question

Is the Ore Scrubber supposed to be used on any debris, or just minerals? I need it to be used on algae.

On my last base, I never saw my dupes using the Ore Scubbers I put on the exit from a slime biome into my base.

In my latest base I have algae distillers set up in a slime biome, converting slime > algae. But the algae being created seems to have slimelung (presumably due to slimelung slime being used in its creation). In my last base, the dupes never used the Ore Scrubbers on scrubbed algae from the distillers. Are they supposed to? Should I make some Ore Scubbers asap to get rid of the slimelung on that algae?

Cheers.

ore scrubbers only remove a limited amount of germs so I don't use them

if you can set your distillers in a sealed room with chlorine and sweepers you won't need dupes to operate them and most germs on slime will die before getting distilled into algae, you can even run the rails though a second room sealed with chlorine to be safe

4 hours ago, Neotuck said:

ore scrubbers only remove a limited amount of germs so I don't use them

Or make several scrubbers in a row. Two or three is enough, and if dupe's holding a material with more than 0 germs it will use the scrubber.

4 hours ago, Tobruk said:

Or make several scrubbers in a row. Two or three is enough, and if dupe's holding a material with more than 0 germs it will use the scrubber.

Right up until you have more than 1 Dupe try to pass the "Hall of Scrubbers", causing the pair of them to leapfrog each other and skip them.  The only way to deal with that is to use a Dupe Checkpoint and Automation to ensure that only 1 Dupe enters the "Hall" at a time.

Archived