TIL using wolframite to build generator solves cooling

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

they cool themselves with the PW they emit, just don't let the PW fall right away and you'll be fine

Last time I was trying that approach, they quickly overheated because they were producing PW at the same temperature they were at, and they produced their own heat on top of that. So the warmer they were, the warmer PW were they producing. You need to have some additional cooling I believe.

I guess nowadays you can cool them with cold natural gas but in my opinion it's waste of cooling on something that will get destroyed soon, it's very sufficient to dump some cold polluted water on them, e.g. what's coming out of your CO2 skimmers. They're not exactly cold (40+ C) but they keep that temperature.

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Last time I was trying that approach, they quickly overheated because they were producing PW at the same temperature they were at, and they produced their own heat on top of that. So the warmer they were, the warmer PW were they producing. You need to have some additional cooling I believe.

I guess nowadays you can cool them with cold natural gas but in my opinion it's waste of cooling on something that will get destroyed soon, it's very sufficient to dump some cold polluted water on them, e.g. what's coming out of your CO2 skimmers. They're not exactly cold (40+ C) but they keep that temperature.

They been at 30C for over 50 cycles now, but then again smart batteries keep them idle 70% of the time (most of my power comes from coal generators)

Easiest way to have a stable temperature is to have a tank at the bottom of the generators with an aqua tuner and a pump then drip the slightly cooled pw on the generators and then you have a endless cycle of rapid decreasing temperature then all you need is a temperature sensor in the tank and pick a temperature you want whether you want temperate or in the negatives it doesn’t matter the co2 and pw will endlessly come out how you want it to.

Once the system stableizes the aquatuner only runs every few cycles.

Thanks for the other ideas, but if u have build aquatuner 1200W(i know it won't have to run 247), instead add like 1 or 2 thermo regulator (480W most) to wheezewort cooled -60C natural gas. i have to try it in debug mode to find exact temperature for never heating generators and the ratio. 

Well i found that wheezewort cooled -60C (-59.3C to be exact) natural gas really really slowly heats up. But i added 1 thermo regulator, pumping -73C natural gas and it is cooling really really slowly. So i am planning to build this system in no debug mode with some temperature automation to enable disable thermo regulator. BTW gas pipe is sedimentary. Thanks Neotuck

image.thumb.png.03545ce2e6f3f9524122a622687d02fa.png

2 hours ago, ShadowBound said:

So, pumpung cold Natural gas into the generators cools them down?

To a point, yes.  The thing is that the "waste products" from the NatGas Gen (P-H2O and CO2) will exit the machine at the same temperature as the machine itself.  So if you pre-chill your generator room before you turn it on, you basically don't need to create any cooling in the generator room itself, because the waste products provide all the necessary cooling to offset the heat generated by the Generator running.

Using cooled NatGas would not necessarily set the process up, but it would contribute to the effect with other methods.

3 hours ago, ShadowBound said:

So, pumpung cold Natural gas into the generators cools them down?

it does!!! very cool right?

But generator material must be wolframite.

For the pipe material must use sedimentary. because it uses the natural gas in pipe so thermal conductivity is important

There is no need to cool natural gas at all. Cooling the environment around the gas generator is the best way. 

2 wheezeworts per Gas generator (in a oxygen rich area) should be enough and there isn't a need for a hydrogen room or anything.

Thermal nullifers work even better and can easily allow the generators to produce Polluted Ice rather than water. Can't let the generators go under -50C though otherwise the CO2 will mess up in the pipes due to condensing/freezing.

As these generators will produce cold masses they can be used to absorb heat from anything else in the area too.

Archived