Cycle 400+ Food issues - Occupational

I've been experiencing some issues with food since the occupational upgrade.

I've been really struggling to go 300+ since mealwood change: now requiring dirt.

I realise my pace for progress is obviously a little behind the curve, as I like to perfect a system as it's required and keep it perfectly expandable.

This has led to some serious problems due to my overengineering, but lately it seems I'm struggling even more than usual.

In any case, the real problem seems to be beyond 300; I've had my Gristle Berry pipeline up and running, only my dupes keep eating ~7k calories per cycle each and just can't keep up.

The highest tier I've mastered is tier 3, so +2 to food (-1+2=+1 req); they are all eating gristle berry a +1 food. They walk around with 0-5% stress but devour their bodyweight in berries.

Is this a bug or am I seriously missing something?

Here's an album with evidence of the issue I'm experiencing.
https://imgur.com/a/8woLY

I'd love to hear any thoughts about this.
Do dupes use more kcals when working in ice biomes?
I noticed them glitching out and using a shower for ~3 seconds, then using another shower and repeating a lot, throughout a cycle. 
Maybe it's some kind of virtual alzheimer's and they forget they eat?
I'm really at a loss of how to survive any longer as I'm totally out of water and dupes spend 90% of their time farming and cooking. :/

Please help!

Something that will help is to cook the Bristle Berries into Gristle Berries at the Electric Grill.  Cooking now adds calories, instead of reducing them, so there's no reason not to do it.

33 minutes ago, CrazeeIvan said:

I noticed them glitching out and using a shower for ~3 seconds, then using another shower and repeating a lot, throughout a cycle. 
Maybe it's some kind of virtual alzheimer's and they forget they eat?

Have you checked your pipes?  Sounds like they are backing up into the Shower.  Honestly, though, Showers are kind of a waste of space and time.  It takes a rather long time for Dupes to finish a taking one, and they do it every single day if they are available.  The P-H2O output can be useful, but I don't find the loss in productivity to be a worthwhile trade-off.  Not to mention issues like this.

Yeah, I'm cooking Bristle Berries into Gristle. There is a reason not to do it, as it consumes dupe time but I do agree, for sure and it's a main element of my strategies. But as you can see in the screenshot album, while I might create ~200k calories in a day, the dupes eat 10-14k the same day each, and clean me out!

I thought the showers issue was because the showers were placed too close together and the water clogged, but that's unlikely and was in a previous version. I've since become quite adept at using gas/liquid bridges to ensure single flow of water at all times.

But just to clarify for you guys and anyone to come; the issue is not in harvesting nor crafting the calories, the issue is the fact that my dupes consume 20 cycles worth of food in a single cycle... :'(

Archived