How do I use a boomerang?

First, how do I throw one? When I click on a foe with a boomerang, often I just walk up to them and wack them with it like a melee weapon. Secondly, I understand I need to catch them afterwards, but how?  I hold down space, that is what is a action key according to key controls, but I have yet to catch a boomerang.  Do I need to press the space after throwing it or just right before it gets to me, or as long as I am holding down space, I should catch it?

For both of what questions? You mean questions other than about Boomerangs? I find if my posts are too long, some content is simple ignored/not read or whatever.  And that means multiple subjects discussed in a single thread which can cause confusion.

I have some basic mods, One for mini-map, extended map icon,  showing food stats, equipment stats, health plus,  jam last much longer,  fast equipment icons, having to fertilize only once for transplanted. more seeds from birds. Nothing that should have any impact on boomerang function.

How do you throw a boomerang? And please answer my questions about catching them.

BTW, even if I melee with a boomerang, I still fail to catch and suffer the consequences of such. Currently making boomerang a useless weapon for me.

To catch the boomerang, you need to click on it right before it hits you. The timing can be pretty tricky, but you can do it with practice :) As far as I know, using SPACE won't work, you need to actually click it with the mouse.

Well the wiki says to use space. Left click or right click? If I click too early it doesn't work?  Do I need to click anywhere on the screen before it comes back, or do need to click on the the boomerang itself? If so, do I need to click right on the image of the boomerang? How big of a hitbox are we talking about?

Damn this type of thing should be explained in the game somewhere, some online manual or something.

You can catch it with space. You cannot hold space right after throwing it, it has to be when the boomerang is returning to you. Otherwise, you will run after it and catch it or miss and hit yourself with it.

For attacking, a simple ctrl+f or f will work. Just make sure not to press space immediately after because that will mess up your throw.

I know just how you feel, it was like the first day when I tried to throw my spear.    Your mouse pointer should be over the enemy and then it reads "attack", at that point left click.   Wait for the boomerang to start coming back and then hold the space bar down.   The only time it gets tricky is on very short throws, sometimes you miss and the boomerang hits you.

First of all, hold down CTRL and click the enemy. That's how I always do it. Next, make sure there is nothing your character will go to pick up when you press spacebar. If there's something that will distract Wilson, he'll absolutely get distracted! Next, try going long. Go toward or away from the boomerang and hold the spacebar. That usually works for me.

Archived