DST online not working for you? Solution might be to disable...

IPv6, Many ISPs don't support it yet. If yours doesn't, you may not be able to play this online till you disable it. I actually forgot how I disabled mine, I think it was in my OS (Linux Mint) . But I do remember it was no thanks to Klei support that was very slow and hard to talk to and never thought of this. Disabling my IPv6 made a massive difference, from unplayable frame change every 4 minutes or something to a speed to rival a offline single player game.

P.S. I copy pasted IPv6 into the box and that set a to bold and size  I can not change the bold setting. 

1 hour ago, truepurple said:

But I do remember it was no thanks to Klei support that was very slow and hard to talk to and never thought of this.

Klei developers aren't omniscient Gods so they can't know absolutely everything and solve every problem that may arise.

Thanks for posting this solution to your problem. Hopefully someone else will benefit from it in the future. =)  (Although it would be nicer if nobody had this issue to begin with.)

Didn't say they were omniscient. But it would be nice if they read what I sent properly and didn't take weeks to reply to everything, plus were rather dismissive in general.  If they had provided better customer support in these regards, figuring out the issue might have been easier.

1 hour ago, truepurple said:

Didn't say they were omniscient. But it would be nice if they read what I sent properly and didn't take weeks to reply to everything, plus were rather dismissive in general.  If they had provided better customer support in these regards, figuring out the issue might have been easier.

My bad. Shouldn't have worded it that way. By Omniscient I meant they might not know an answer immedietly and need time to look at the problem.

What method did you use to contact Klei? They are usually semi active on these forums so I am surprised they might not reply to tech support questions on other platforms.

I sent in a support ticket, they eventually replied, and then further correspondence via email. But each reply took soo long and showed not reading everything I wrote, as evidenced by direct questions being ignored in replies. This was over the span of a two or three months.

Hey there, 

Sorry you are annoyed about the resolution to your ticket. I am sure the situation was super frustrating, I am glad to see you got it worked out. 

Unfortunately, since the issue wasn't with the game itself and was more an issue with your ISP it can be really hard for us to track down the cause of your issue, which requires a lot of back and forth, redundant questions and trial and error since we have no information about you're computer or operating environment. 

In the case of your ticket, Jan enlisted some programmers to also look at your issue and see if we had seen issues like yours; for which we had not. Simply speaking, your issue was entirely new to us - because the issue was on your end and while not entirely unique to you I am sure, not something we can quickly identify and address. 

That being said, I understand that the responses were slower than you would like, and I apologize for that. You got caught up waiting for our response during holiday break and responses can take 24hours or more over the weekends, you didn't get immediate responses like you wanted. I am looking into ways that we can speed up access to assistance. As noted in the ticket auto-response, please consider also posting your issue to the forums as other community members might have experienced an issue like yours. 

Jan, Kris and Peter really did try their best to help you out, sorry that we couldn't get the help you needed this time. Glad to know everything is working for you now. 

Archived