How to check dedicated server stats outside the game client?

I'm currently hosting a public dedicated server to enjoy and play with random people, and also to do some testing / experiments on my setup. The server is being hosted on a VPS running Debian 9 (Stretch).

I would very much like to check some stats on the server to follow up and see how it's doing, such as:

• Number (or list) of current active players (and their pings, if possible)
  • Day (number) on server
  • Current Season
  • Morgue (causes of deaths)

Bottomline what I want is pretty much to see what you can see when "Browsing servers" in the game client, but outside the game. Is there a way to get that info from an API or something? 

The only public server listing I found is https://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/ - but my server won't show up there even though it open / public with no password. Maybe @jacklul can shed some light?

Thanks in advance!

You can use the server console to access most server info:

List all players:

c_listallplayers()

Daycount and current season should show up in the server console occasionally.

Afaik the Morgue is always saved locally client side (unless you have a server mod changing that), so you can't really check that server wise.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the helpful input Daniel! It sure helps, but I'd like to see all the information aggregated somewhere, very much like how it is in-game. 

The server logs tells whenever players joins, leaves or dies. Maybe I should work on something that would read the logs actively and compile the info somewhere. That might be too much trouble to merely satisfy curiosity - or it could be a cool project to work on :wilson_lightbulb:

Regardless, I still wonder how the list linked in the original post was built and where it gets the info from about the current live servers. Would be really great if there was an open API that would list currently active servers.

22 hours ago, machete_kills said:

The server logs tells whenever players joins, leaves or dies. Maybe I should work on something that would read the logs actively and compile the info somewhere. That might be too much trouble to merely satisfy curiosity - or it could be a cool project to work on :wilson_lightbulb:

That sounds like a plan. It actually sounds doable rather easily, if you are into modding.

22 hours ago, machete_kills said:

Regardless, I still wonder how the list linked in the original post was built and where it gets the info from about the current live servers. Would be really great if there was an open API that would list currently active servers.

The server list on that website looks like it basicially connects to the DST server lists, that are usually transfered to the DST clients, and displays them on a web page, because it looks very similar to what the DST client usually sees. That said, without DST server modification you probably can't show player deaths, etc. because that's usually not transfered over to the server lists.

Archived