How do I replace default strings?

I'm working on a mod that affects most strings in the game and in its current state none of the strings have changed. I'm wondering if there's a specific way to force the game to use my modded string files instead of the game's default ones or if the game is using default ones because there's a glitch in mine somewhere

5 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

You can look at strings.lua to see a list of most of the strings in the game.

If you want to replace a string, put something like this in your modmain.lua:

GLOBAL.STRINGS.EXAMPLE.NAME = "Example"

No like I literally edited EVERY string in the game. That's like 1500 per character plus the prefab names I can't just add those in one by one

(basically, how do I force the game to use the modded version of strings.lua instead of the normal one?)

Edited by MF99K

1 hour ago, MF99K said:

No like I literally edited EVERY string in the game. That's like 1500 per character plus the prefab names I can't just add those in one by one

(basically, how do I force the game to use the modded version of strings.lua instead of the normal one?)

what do you mean add those one by one? didn't you already do that? can you show a little snippet of a few lines you have?

Edited by Aquaterion

5 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

what do you mean add those one by one? didn't you already do that? can you show a little snippet of a few lines you have?

literally just imagine the strings.lua file with the strings slightly modified. I used a program to do it so technically the computer did it and not me

27 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

well afaik if you put it in the proper place it should be overwriting.. if not, then you could copy it all into modmain.lua and just do

STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS

at the top

I already have the STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS line in the code. And again, it will take waaaay too much time to put them all in manually

16 minutes ago, MF99K said:

I already have the STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS line in the code. And again, it will take waaaay too much time to put them all in manually

well if u have it in strings.lua and not modmain.lua, having STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS would actually cause a problem i think