Everything researched with cycle 36, make it more interesting please, so boring now.

I researched everything within 36 cycles and it could be made in 30, with a bit more stress.
Jobs do nothing, to make the sciencepart more interesting. Perhaps a researchassistant has to scan actual tierbased objects, to "get" ideas for next research tier, or similar.

research_oni3.thumb.jpg.ae9842e0a412addf743814cf174dc572.jpg
research_oni2.thumb.jpg.9dbf4a5aea2f9ad4d788dbb7170b7509.jpgresearch_oni_1.thumb.jpg.02f86fdb6fd64e1f2818438f1940fcd5.jpg

Its fairly obvious research is still in very early alpha stages more so that people can experience the content quickly.  I mean, when you look at the research buildings, and realize that they take dirt and water respectively as consumable resources to research...

Anyway, I suspect that further down the line there will be additional research stations that we have to construct, and research will get a major rebalance and probable shuffling of the tech tree a bit.  T1 research consumes dirt, T2 the water, T3 starts pulling refined metals, and T4 would start demanding plastics.  This would put natural gates on the research tree that would push you to use what you have now, rather than power through and get to that upgraded system before ever even looking at the basic one.  You'd probably also start phasing out the early research buildings from being used in the research process at all, so you'd always be using the two most advanced of that tier (So normal table for T1 research, super computer+table for T2, Refined metal one + super computer for T3, refined metal + plastics one for T4, and T5 may start calling upon some major resource we have yet to see.)  I wouldn't at all be suprised to see the Super Computer require a pump input for that water, not hand delivered, as well, to actually make it seem like you have to use the T1 methods to operate it.

1 hour ago, Steelflame said:

.I suspect that further down the line there will be additional research stations..

That could be one way, there are many to improve it, i think.
When player researched for example liquid pipes, player can not research insulated pipes, before they are built. Liquid pipes/pump idea could be found over pitcher pump.
After they are built, the science assistant has to "scan" them, or stand around them headscratching.
When he met the science master and they had a talk in the conference room, they get new ideas.
It should not "block" or influence important stuff like the deodorizer. Could be discovered, when polluted dirt/PO is around or similar.
I would like, when there would be some variation, with "silly" unusable parts "O" shaped pipes, or endcaps on both pipe - sides, extra thin wires with capacity of .5 W. There is so much room for fancy ideas.

Oh yea, just a further statement, odds are we'll actually start needing to invest in the higher tier research jobs too to operate the higher tier research machines, not just to have the most utterly marginal increase in research speed.   Which means you have to actually advance your base in the various steps to keep those extremely high level job dupes happy or else suffer the consequences.

Phasing out materials would be good. I usually like to defer research until I need things (itself somewhat of an indicator that research is too fast), but with the latest update increasing dirt usage, I felt compelled to finish out research while I was still sure I had dirt handy.

For me the real game starts when all research is done!

We have duplicants, not babies! They should come with full knowledge (or maybe the knowledge of particular technologie should be a trait for dupe so we have to accept them to get their klnowledge)(no no no no dont give them such ideas...)

I would suggest building research instead of techtree research - dupes research for EVERY building, so liquid valves will not be behind ventilation research anymore.
Also i would suggest general research checkpoints that open ability to research schematics for building from that topic - its more common to research a concept at first and then to make scetches and detailed calculations of implementation of building after researching basic concept.

Archived