Repeat orders need a slight change

Leaving the metal refinery on autorepeat is a very bad idea. Ores are still important building materials so leaving some for that purpose is essential.

I'd be happy if repeated presses of +1 did not mean adding another +1 order but instead added one to the last item in the queue if it's the same material. So I could queue processing 10 copper and 10 gold and it would still be just two boxes in the refinery list.

31 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

So basically lets say you want to fabricate more than 1 item in an metal refinery infinitely and you just can't because it doesn't go to the back of the queue so you have to instead have 1 refinery per one metal.

Use more than one metal refinery. And combine it with smart storages. When the set limit is reached in storage, use automation to shut down the metal refinery connected to that smart storage.

Naturally that means that only these storage containers should contain refined metal. And each should only contain one type of refined metal.

13 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Use more than one metal refinery. And combine it with smart storages. When the set limit is reached in storage, use automation to shut down the metal refinery connected to that smart storage.

Naturally that means that only these storage containers should contain refined metal. And each should only contain one type of refined metal.

I've heard smart storage is not very reliable at the moment. If there's just a bit of space left, duplicants won't store the material even if it's available and then it reports 'not full' status indefinitely.

12 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I've heard smart storage is not very reliable at the moment. If there's just a bit of space left, duplicants won't store the material even if it's available and then it reports 'not full' status indefinitely.

Nope they just filled that compactor also you can set fixed size on it so or use auto sweepers with conveyor belts

Just so you know I've almost all of my 17 dupes are skilled in athletics 20+ and also 2 of them are goofers

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Leaving the metal refinery on autorepeat is a very bad idea. Ores are still important building materials so leaving some for that purpose is essential.

I'd be happy if repeated presses of +1 did not mean adding another +1 order but instead added one to the last item in the queue if it's the same material. So I could queue processing 10 copper and 10 gold and it would still be just two boxes in the refinery list.

I think I've got an example that is kind of the same.

In the early game I create mush bars while my farms are growing.  Mush bars are the standard food I want to make, but I also have meal lice being grown that I would like them to eat on the occasion it's ready.

But it's impossible without micro-managing, or wasting power/manpower.  In order to do this correctly and have it "automated" I must have two food squeezers, one set to lice loaf continuously and one set to mush bars continuously.  Ideally I could set a single squeezer to do both when available, and even prioritize one over the other.  

I think your suggestion on how to fix this is a good start, but I really would like it so I can just have it make both continuously, giving preference to one when the materials are available.

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

They fixed it partly. Smart storages will now get filled to what you set it to. Fridges however is another matter. If you try to store edibles then you must select a capacity that is slightly lower than the maximum or you might end up with a fridge they can't fill because partly eaten portions are indivisible unlike normal debris.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

They fixed it partly. Smart storages will now get filled to what you set it to. Fridges however is another matter. If you try to store edibles then you must select a capacity that is slightly lower than the maximum or you might end up with a fridge they can't fill because partly eaten portions are indivisible unlike normal debris.

I'm not using smart compactors myself (yet), I'm referring to this post.

5 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I'm not using smart compactors myself (yet), I'm referring to this post.

I typically don't use smart compactors on materials that needs the full capacity so it's irrelevant in most situations. And if you set capacity to 19999kg it's no longer an issue.

As I wrote, They will get filled to whatever you set it to. I neglected to mention that if you don't change it from the standard setting, it will still glitch.

It's part of an old bug report I made. So partly fixed as said.

Archived