My research assistant is not prioritizing research . . .

So I assigned a dupe the research job, and research seemed to be the dupe's lowest priority, with other dupes taking over.

I know some people didn't like having only five priorities, but I'd really like to see the idea of prioritizing the dupe's primary role be bought back.

If you just click the "all" (select/deselect?) button at the top of the jobs list for the specific job it will now make a little wrench icon, making it so only dupes assigned to those jobs will do them.  The dupe must be currently wearing the hat for this to work.

They removed the connection after, because the system wasn't clear enough and lead to unusual edge cases even when you knew how to manage it. I doubt we've seen the end of the strict priority system, but they needed to launch this week's release so pulled it until they can polish it more.

3 hours ago, TheScaryOne said:

They removed the connection after, because the system wasn't clear enough and lead to unusual edge cases even when you knew how to manage it. I doubt we've seen the end of the strict priority system, but they needed to launch this week's release so pulled it until they can polish it more.

What were these edge cases? Jobs and the 1*-5* system were so intertwined that the removal of the new priority system made the job system bad.

I played a bit more, and I'm gonna stand by my original complaint. Yes, I know - I can adjust the jobs table, and it works mostly like the old one. I'm well aware of that. But it's also more micro-management to have to go back to that table every time I re-assign roles.

Yes, there may have been some issues with the changes to the jobs, but IMO the developers were on the right track. I very much like the idea of dupes having a "my job first, then other things" style priority system.

Archived