[SUGGESTION] Solid vent?

In both plumbing and ventilation tech there are vents that allow liquids and gases to be dumped from their pipes.  Why not do the same for solids on a conveyor rail?

I hate the 100kg limit of the conveyor receptacle and makes storing solids with a conveyor rail system a pain without a lot of dup work

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Such "material dropper" could eventually store tons and tons of material in single tile, I'm afraid devs don't like the idea of that happening.

It would be great to feed Hatches, though.

then perhaps a debris limit? once a limit is reached any more debris would fall into the tile above or next to it?

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Such "material dropper" could eventually store tons and tons of material in single tile, I'm afraid devs don't like the idea of that happening.

You can technically do this with things like ice

Dropping water in a super cold room should have it freeze as soon as it hits the floor.

Putting a co2 vent above a nullifer can basically be a dry ice vent

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Actually, the problem is worse than that.  If you put too much stuff on one tile, things start disappearing.  I lost all my copper to that in one game.

I think a material vent would be cool under two conditions.  It has to be built on the ground and it stops if there is too much debris (in kg).  Probably shouldn't be able to build it on doors either.

There is a simple solution to this problem the only reason we want a vent is to feed hatches so hatches should be able to eat out of the conveyor storage. This wouldn’t be hard to do because believe it or not hatches used to be able to eat out of storage compactors.

On 08.02.2018 at 5:34 PM, Kasuha said:

Solid dropper? uncheck-recheck compactor, in there already, he`s just asking for a dropoff, its currently doable by automation - by closing the door in front of dupe above place you want to deliver stuff, but its so micro...

Archived