Some Willow QOL/Buff Suggestions

Willow's Lighter

• Allow her lighter to create small fires at the cost of durability that can be cooked on. This would not only make the ability to cook on a lighter seem less like something a drug addict would do, but would make the lighter no longer be worse than just making a campfire when a decent amount of food needs cooking on the go. (Could re-use the low sanity fires from pre-change Willow for this)
  • Give Willow the ability to refuel the lighter with nightmare fuel petals. Could also change the recipe for the lighter to include one Nightmare Fuel to make this more apparent to newer players.

Bernie

• Buff Bernie's health and give him short invincibility after being hit to so he doesn't die in 10 seconds to groups of nightmares. It takes an abysmally short time for nightmares to kill Bernie. The only way to get a decent amount of time off of his distracting is to make enough Bernies to fill up a small country.
  • Bernie's can be a nice alternative to sanity foods when fighting bosses with nightmare armor/swords and blue caps. The problem is that having a small army of Bernies is that most of the time its easier to just make sanity food and the mass of limping teddy bears tend to get in the way of kiting.
  • Make Bernie stop following Willow. Having to make pens for the small army of teddy bears for fighting bosses so he doesn't just walk into their AOE attacks is unbelievably irritating.

Sanity Chills

• Increase the maximum amount of temperature lost from 20 to 30. The overheat temperature in Summer can go above 90 so the sanity chills at total insanity are only useful at the beginning and end of Summer. This change would make her really mild vulnerability to rain a bit more dangerous and gives it some functionality for more than about 5 days a year.

Those are my 2 cents on the subject. If you've got some more suggestions or feedback on the ideas please do say so.

3 hours ago, Mikro said:

Give Willow the ability to refuel the lighter with nightmare fuel. Could also change the recipe for the lighter to include one Nightmare Fuel to make this more apparent to newer players.

I think it should be refuelable with something else (or have a longer durability altogether). Nightmare fuel doesn't seem to make much sense to me. The lighter looks quite ordinary to me, and was likely something she had long before she was pulled into the Constant.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think it should be refuelable with something else (or have a longer durability altogether). Nightmare fuel doesn't seem to make much sense to me. The lighter looks quite ordinary to me, and was likely something she had long before she was pulled into the Constant.

Good point, maybe it could be refueled with petals? Would make a bit more sense since the crafting recipe already has petals in it.

On 2/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

think it should be refuelable with something else

How about butterflies? it's harder to obtain, do not spawn in winter and will prevent noobs from picking every flower around.

Also fueling a lighter with butterfly wings sounds quite Pyromaniac-ish demented.

On 08/02/2018 at 11:00 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

How about butterflies? it's harder to obtain, do not spawn in winter and will prevent noobs from picking every flower around.

Also fueling a lighter with butterfly wings sounds quite Pyromaniac-ish demented.

How about life? The implication being she uses her own blood to fuel the lighter. We already do that with Telltale Hearts, anyway, and it fits her fire obsession.

Archived