My co2 is mysteriously vanishing

I can't find why my co2 keeps mysteriously vanishing in the shrooms room.

I first thought it was the mini pump pumping too much co2 out but even when disabled, it still vanishes.

My second guess is the wheezeworth deactivation door, but I have a filter and buffer gate on it, and I even put both to 3 seconds to see if it would prevent gas deletion from the door. A filter and buffer gate set to 1 second usually prevents gas deletion from the door opening and closing too quickly.

I would expect the room to be full with co2 at all times and me needing to evacuate some of it when it gets too full. The room is at the bottom of a mini base with a coal gen in it (only source of power), so it should always accumulate co2...

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.a25f862e4f54089e915ca6a2ae6f6b03.png

image.png.b9eecc644fa17c7931393da503e54de4.png

8 minutes ago, Risu said:

It's the wheezewort. Ancient bug that is never getting fixed it seems.

But i have done this in so many bases and never had the problem before. I usually always have to evacuate co2 from the room even when there is wheezeworth(s) in it.  And the vanishing happens pretty fast (10 cycles or so to get co2 from full room to haft room). The ancient wheezeworth glitch was slow I thought. The ancient glitch also does not happen in homogeneous gas rooms. If I debug fill the room with co2 completely, it still happens.

16 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

or probably your creating lots of Oxy and the Carbo is being pushed down compressed at the bottom of your base, check the pressure of your remaining carbo

I also thought that at once, but I'm creating o2 with an oxydizer that maxes aaround 1700g of O2. And Co2 at the bottom doesn't get much higher than 2200g. It's really weird. Maybe a new bug.

It could also be the Co2 is escaping through the permeable door to other parts of your base? 

The biggest contender is possibly you made a mistake with your mini gas pump on the atmo sensor? or a random packet of gas keeps triggering it and this is draining your gas.

9 hours ago, BlueLance said:

It could also be the Co2 is escaping through the permeable door to other parts of your base? 

The biggest contender is possibly you made a mistake with your mini gas pump on the atmo sensor? or a random packet of gas keeps triggering it and this is draining your gas.

some little co2 packets are in the rest of base, usually from dupes breathing, but they all end up in the shroom pit eventually.  I'm still having the problem with the mini pump off. It's been off for a while now, trying to figure out the source of the problem.

12 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I keep my coal gen in an O2 rich area, and shortly after it goes off, the co2 in that area seems to dwindle - there may be some issue with the gass tiles when they combine and float off. I notice when it's running that the gasses are moving quite chaotically around that area.

Yeah I also noticed strange behaviors with the gases around the coal generator. and maybe the proximity to the wheezeworth and the door under it, are making it behave even weirder...  My wheezeworth disabling doors also seem to still open/close too fast some times even with the filter and buffer gates.  Seems like those gates are not enough, it happens that the filter and buffer are cycling through their countdowns at the same time because of the sensor bouncing on/off, causing rapid open/close of the door. So maybe gas deletion from the door is still the culprit... there might be a better automation setup than those 2 gates...

18 hours ago, manu_x32 said:

image.png.b9eecc644fa17c7931393da503e54de4.png

what's with the switch between the battery and the coal generator? is this behaving properly? I would think you need an OR or AND gate there..

I'm finding that two coal generators will recharge my banks faster and produce heat which is easier to manage than just one - but I keep that area particularly spacious and in a place that's already somewhat hot but not producing any seriously ill effects to dupes or plants. I find that mitigating the heat produced by coal generators is easier to do from above rather than to the side ( wheezwort method ).

It looks like you have an oil pit - I would stick the coal gen and weezewort in there and not try to turn the wheezewort off, you can use a gas tile to pass the co2 into the shroom room. ( generator - wheezewort - Wall with a gas tile - shroom room ).

You might try bumping the filter gate up to a higher value if it's turning on and off frequently, then it's really only on the verge, it should be a high value to to filter out bad readings.

Archived