Specified Sweeping and Bottling

from my experience forbidding items to be sweeped could be really helpful example 1: items with slimlungs, sometimes you haven't created a storage room filled in chlorine for the slimes and materials with slimelungs so we just drop them to polluted water or water to avoid emitting polluted oxygen preventing more slimlungs, so we don't want that sweeped inside our base. Example 2: sometimes we just drop ice in a hot water to cool it down and yet here comes a dupe going in to sweep away that ice back to the cold storage room in the ice biome

update:

storage compactor should have specification if an item with high temp or low temp should be stored there, because sometime we cool an item in the ice biome before using to maintain temperature inside the base.

Bottle Emptier should have a designated pitcher when auto-bottling is enabled

Generally, the problem is that a chain of processing where items need to be moved through stages like decontamination, cooling or heating, or simply efficiently moved from the storage at the production site to the storages at the use sites isn't automatable.

The method with "sweep only" high priority containers and manual micro-management is very cumbersome.

A way to tackle this problem would be very appreciated :)

Some time ago I proposed a material checkpoint that would work like door access rights, except for materials. So if you mine some germy slime, you can prevent your duplicants carrying it out. Or if you mine something hot and you don't want them to carry it outside of the hot area, you switch carrying any materials out and restrict its storing to containers that are designed to let the material cool down.,

41 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

c3QeOxf.jpg

the picture says it all

dupes should carry material to the nearest storage, unless it has low priority

This is actually a job composition problem. The duplicant delivers the material to the compactor that was closest to him at the time he chose the task, not at when he picked up the material.

And yes I agree they should bring them to the nearest compactor. Hopefully this will get improved eventually.

the fix i found for this is to force move the dupe to that storage compactor, only then the dupe will deliver items to that storage compactor

its like showing your dupe around

user:  over here dupes is a storage compactor you place minerals here for quick transfering
dupe1: ohh ok thats a storage compactor then

Archived