Farming pig skin in a Webber-only world

Hello again! After playing quite a bit of Webber I started thinking of different ways to farm pig skin in the most practical and consistent way possible (I am aware of farming pig skin at the developer graveyard but since that's randomly generated it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be at all). After doing some searches I found close to nothing, so I decided to try some things out myself. After a lot of different methods I found that the most efficient one is making a regular pig farm as you would normally if you wanted it and then murdering all of the pigs during a full moon (so they are senseless werepigs instead of spider-hungry pigmen). There is a video posted below displaying this method in a rather sloppy fashion because I dragged a few out of their homes so they went into their homes in the evening, but if you don't do that this is a rather easy way to obtain a good amount of pig skin. This method can also obviously be used with humans and I know a lot of people probably already know about it but since I saw nothing posted on it I figured I'd share it with the community to help out with any spider related helmet needs.

I recommend tanking the werepigs by the way because if you don't they start to eat the remains of the other werepigs, that is why I brought the armor and healing supplies along with cooked cactus because of the insanity aura. These should all be easy and cheap to make assuming you're basing near/in a desert and have your spider nests available for the salves (although other healing items work as well obviously). Be prepared to get hit quite a bit, I got lucky that they all got stun locked, it won't always work out that way, but with the gear I showed it should be fine. 

If any of you have any other methods of getting pig skin with Webber please do share! Preferably non time-consuming ones so the community isn't mislead by easy but impractical methods such as getting spiders to kill pigmen and whatnot. Thanks for stopping by my post! Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, MurkyMind said:

senseless werepigs instead of spider-hungry pigmen

I’ve never thought that pigs view spiders as prey or lunch so much as they just *object* to them on some fundamental level. To pigs, spiders, like tree guards, are just wrong. I can’t say that I disagree with that either (sorry, Webber mains!).

Whereas mermaids are their rivals for power in the Constant, not vermin or abominations.

10 hours ago, MurkyMind said:

Hello again! After playing quite a bit of Webber I started thinking of different ways to farm pig skin in the most practical and consistent way possible (I am aware of farming pig skin at the developer graveyard but since that's randomly generated it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be at all). After doing some searches I found close to nothing, so I decided to try some things out myself. After a lot of different methods I found that the most efficient one is making a regular pig farm as you would normally if you wanted it and then murdering all of the pigs during a full moon (so they are senseless werepigs instead of spider-hungry pigmen). There is a video posted below displaying this method in a rather sloppy fashion because I dragged a few out of their homes so they went into their homes in the evening, but if you don't do that this is a rather easy way to obtain a good amount of pig skin. This method can also obviously be used with humans and I know a lot of people probably already know about it but since I saw nothing posted on it I figured I'd share it with the community to help out with any spider related helmet needs.

I recommend tanking the werepis by the way because if you don't they start to eat the remains of the other werepigs, that is why I brought the armor and healing supplies along with cooked cactus because of the insanity aura. These should all be easy and cheap to make assuming you're basing near/in a desert and have your spider nests available for the salves (although other healing items work as well obviously). Be prepared to get hit quite a bit, I got lucky that they all got stun locked, it won't always work out that way, but with the gear I showed it should be fine. 

If any of you have any other methods of getting pig skin with Webber please do share! Preferably non time-consuming ones so the community isn't mislead by easy but impractical methods such as getting spiders to kill pigmen and whatnot. Thanks for stopping by my post! Hope this helps!

Inbetween full moons you can also transform them using monster meat, you just need to enclose them in a way where you can release them one by one, and as they try to punch you, you can kite and feed them monster meat. It's not as easy as the other 2 methods presented above but in the long run this can make a large pool of pig skins too.

Archived