Discarding items

There are so many other posts on this.. This one seemed to be the most aptly named.. So I'm necro'ing it..I know that we "can" just throw all our old logsuits,backpacks,worn out spears, etc in a corner somewhere.. But as others have said.. We KNOW they are there and it bothers us.. It bothers me and at least a few others.. I'm not asking for Insanity or Krampus to be nerfed to hell so I won't be surprised that this never gets remedied.. But please for the love of god let us throw them into the firepit or hammer them out of existance.. Either would be fine.. both would be fine.. just something.. anything.. Thank you..

Related to this but not strictly to do with discarding as such. When I have an item which is getting down on its percentage of time left, I.e. 10% left on a torch, I sometimes just ditch it an build a new one, as I don't want it going out on me when it's needed. So I say you should be able to combine 2 items which are the same, and the resulting single item has a percentage = the sum of the two (maxing out at 100% obviously). Would alleviate some of the need to destroy things, at least for me.

Related to this but not strictly to do with discarding as such. When I have an item which is getting down on its percentage of time left, I.e. 10% left on a torch, I sometimes just ditch it an build a new one, as I don't want it going out on me when it's needed. So I say you should be able to combine 2 items which are the same, and the resulting single item has a percentage = the sum of the two (maxing out at 100% obviously). Would alleviate some of the need to destroy things, at least for me.

I could get behind this.. This is actually exactly what I do.. Why would I wear a logsuit when it's gonna break and possibly get me killed? Why would I want to use a spear with one hit left in it and then I have to scramble to pull another one out..The problem for me really comes down to my touchpad not responding too well if I'm moving with awsd.. I don't know why it does it but it doesn't respond until I stop moving by letting go of awsd.. Am I strange in the fact that I use awsd? awsd awsd.. There.. outta my system..I love the idea of wearing a goat..

I could get behind this.. This is actually exactly what I do.. Why would I wear a logsuit when it's gonna break and possibly get me killed? Why would I want to use a spear with one hit left in it and then I have to scramble to pull another one out..The problem for me really comes down to my touchpad not responding too well if I'm moving with awsd.. I don't know why it does it but it doesn't respond until I stop moving by letting go of awsd.. Am I strange in the fact that I use awsd? awsd awsd.. There.. outta my system..I love the idea of wearing a goat..

I use wsad (<- that's my way of calling it) all the time, i use the click only for combat, crafting and equipping stuff. I harvest, pick items up, and travel with my keyboard (wsad and space).The trick is to not hold in space when picking up items. Press space until an item is picked up, then move in some direction to "reset" the animation and press space again. May sound like a lot of work, but i like it :D

Anything we're going to have really would help a lot. Whether we will be able to burn the stuff we don't need or feed it to a goat-backpack would be fine with me.If an easier adjustment, we could be allowed to use all kinds of items as fuel, but that can result in unfortunate accidents, so a designated item would be a lot better.