Oil Cooling - S - L - O - W

How many cycles does it take to cool your base? I have oil cooling set up with one aquatuner. Initial seed of oil was pretty high degree (dont remember) but now the aquatuner is sitting in a small pool that is 116F. The outgoing oil is 95F or so and returning oil is actually less at 94, but after many cycles (like 7 or 8).... nothing is changing. Should I just put in second aquatuner?

Add an extra thermo sensor to the oil reservoir. If the sensor detects that the oil in the reservoir is too hot, have the oil from aquatuner go back to reservoir.

You can also add a second sensor that skips the aquatuner once the oil gets too cold, to avoid overcooling your base or solidifying the oil.

Also, use polluted water. It is much more energy-efficient at cooling than oil - more than 3 times.

2 hours ago, strawberrygirl said:

How many cycles does it take to cool your base? I have oil cooling set up with one aquatuner. Initial seed of oil was pretty high degree (dont remember) but now the aquatuner is sitting in a small pool that is 116F. The outgoing oil is 95F or so and returning oil is actually less at 94, but after many cycles (like 7 or 8).... nothing is changing. Should I just put in second aquatuner?

What's your setup look like?  

Archived