Oil to NG refinement with magma

Time for some Natural gas refinement. It is total automated refinement in batches with no exploits. (almost).

Here is some things to consider when heating with magma. 

Extract heat from bottom to avoid heat deletion bug. 

Use Abyssalite pitcher pump.  Have vacuum when you transfer the magma. 

Magma is hot. Most things melt. Mechanized Airlock dont melt  And tungsten melts at a higher temperature than magma. Use them in contact with magma.

Area 2 on the picture is to detect when oil have turn in to NG. I pump in a about 1 kg of oil in to that area when it turns to NG the pressure sensor will detect it and the doors will push the NG to area 4. 

Area 3 is heating chamber.

Area 4 is were I store and cool the NG and pump it for use. 

5FFD1CD694B5B444D37E3C841F944DB43506A7BB

Here is The Automation overlay

Magma Refiner

Magma Refiner.sav

11 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

I was about to reply to your older tepidizer thread since they seem to have fixed all the exploits used in that one.

I dont see any exploits fixes messes with it. Still working fine for me.

12 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

Does Magma solidify after a while with this new design?

Yeah it will solidify after a while.

15 minutes ago, NanoD said:

I dont see any exploits fixes messes with it. Still working fine for me.

I've noticed all these fixes:

• Naphtha does not hold the crude oil on the left side as much as before since the verticality of it got fixed
  • The CO2 on the right side of the tepidizer vanishes to a vaccum after a few minutes. Other gases like Hydrogen seem ok.
  • Slicksters don't cool crude oil anymore
  • liquid dripping does not cool a large bassin anymore
  • staircase cooling also does not seem to work anymore.

17 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

Naphtha does not hold the crude oil on the left side as much as before since the verticality of it got fixed

Works for me. Just that you cant have as much naptha as before.

The CO2 on the right side of the tepidizer vanishes to a vaccum after a few minutes. Other gases like Hydrogen seem ok

Strange dont have that problem.

Slicksters don't cool crude oil anymore

Slickster still cool oil for me. Actually it is the only exploit in my new build. Not that it is necessary. But you have to rember that the oil they produce is dependent on the temp of the CO2.

liquid dripping does not cool a large bassin anymore

Still works like before.

36 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

Naphtha does not hold the crude oil on the left side as much as before since the verticality of it got fixed

You can still stack less than 37.5kg naphtha or you can use the oldest design, which uses three kinds of gases to occupy three cells so that naphtha is not necessary. 

39 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

The CO2 on the right side of the tepidizer vanishes to a vaccum after a few minutes. Other gases like Hydrogen seem ok.

Usually, the cause of vanish of gas is metal melting, so build your metal tile and wire with tungsten.

To reach highest heating efficiency, I suggest choosing gas with low thermal conductivity such as chlorine. The mass of gas also should be controlled to prevent overheat.

51 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:
  • Slicksters don't cool crude oil anymore
  • liquid dripping does not cool a large bassin anymore
  • staircase cooling also does not seem to work anymore.

I don't use slicksters cooling, but i'm pretty sure the dripping cooling and staircase cooling haven't been fixed.

I build a cooling room for tepidizer, it works well.

15 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

You can still stack less than 37.5kg naphtha or you can use the oldest design, which uses three kinds of gases to occupy three cells so that naphtha is not necessary. 

Usually, the cause of vanish of gas is metal melting, so build your metal tile and wire with tungsten.

To reach highest heating efficiency, I suggest choosing gas with low thermal conductivity such as chlorine. The mass of gas also should be controlled to prevent overheat.

I don't use slicksters cooling, but i'm pretty sure the dripping cooling and staircase cooling haven't been fixed.

I build a cooling room for tepidizer, it works well.

Ok thanks, your explanations and the sav files you provided (the ones that still work) are very useful. I like the compact aspect of them.

The vacuum issue seems to indeed be related to the metal I was using for the heating plate, it was steel. Not sure what I'm doing wrong on the cooling side, my copy of NanoD's original tepidizer design, which used to work fine, is not able to cool anymore. I'll try your designs, they seem to work. Maybe it's because you have a small layer of crude oil under the petroleum liquid vent..., which makes it go around the exploits fixes.

EDIT: weird, cooling started to work again with the old design. not sure what happened.

Archived