In the last unknown count, it seems forever, games

I've not found one steam geyser, if this change is on purpose, you either need to do 1 of 3 things, Make the Distiler truely a Distiler. or you need to move the tapidizer up to a relistic research, like no later then 3, or you need lots more water in the startring area.  When I play I take what I'm given and go accordingly.  I don't look at the map until its exposed.  running with 6 dups is plenty, in fact in many cases its to much because of the water issue.  The Distler allows germs to pass thru it, that makes it NOT a Distiler but a simple water filter of dirt..  I don't believe I'd ever pump that water to my dups.. and I'm not..  until I get it clean, that means clean of pollution and GERMS..  which I don't seem to be able to do without the water Tapiedizer..  and my games come to a permature end, not finding oil or any of the new stuff because of the water issue.. Now I have no idea what others are doing, but I don't think pumping my dups germy water is very good for them.. but I'd like to be able to play...  So please either do one of 3 things above.. because my maps are not giving me much in the way of believable play.. I played all the ealier starts and I never saw oil once accept on You Tube.. because of the water issue.. and no steam geysers, there are only limited ways of making O2 in the game and the only one I know uses water, clean water.. now if you can find Natural gas geyser, but i'm no longer running across any geysers period.. none in so many games I've lost count..

lol  I should of posted this way earlier, my very next start gave me, what   2 geysers   one steam and they other Natural gas  lol.. the very two I mentioned in my post.  well at least I know they are still there.. I can't tell you how many starts I had without finding any..  My luck really sucks at times..

13 hours ago, NotenKi said:

Make the Distiler truely a Distiler

What is this "distiller" you talk about? Do you mean the Water Purifier?

And how can you run out of water before cycle 200 at least. Are you wasting water on lice loaf, mushbars, and algae terrariums?

I agree with this. It's way too difficult to generate heat naturally in this game. A basic furnace that runs on some kind of waste product and gives off carbon dioxide would be a great early game, believable mechanism to boil water. Actually maybe just a "boiler" would work better. We need a way to make sanitized water. Boiling is a pretty basic survival mechanism that can be done using a fire and pot of water. Why this space-age civilization isn't able to accomplish that seems weird.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

What is this "distiller" you talk about? Do you mean the Water Purifier?

And how can you run out of water before cycle 200 at least. Are you wasting water on lice loaf, mushbars, and algae terrariums?

I sure made this error on my first attempt. I tried out mealwood halfway and immediately realized how much I have wasted with the mushbars. But it was too late.

To remember how I first thought that food from mere dirt and filtered poop water is awesome. 

3 hours ago, geek715 said:

I agree with this. It's way too difficult to generate heat naturally in this game. A basic furnace that runs on some kind of waste product and gives off carbon dioxide would be a great early game, believable mechanism to boil water. Actually maybe just a "boiler" would work better. We need a way to make sanitized water. Boiling is a pretty basic survival mechanism that can be done using a fire and pot of water. Why this space-age civilization isn't able to accomplish that seems weird.

A fire require some kind of fuel and oxygen. The game is called Oxygen Not Included. The only thing in the game that uses oxygen is dupes. Even those things that logically should be using oxygen, like petrol, natural gas and coal generators, doesn't need oxygen.

now I think i spelled it wrong but it has been clearly listed as a water distiler   purafied water is not just filtered water, it is drinkable...  filtered yuck is still filtered, and not supposedly yuck any longer,  but filtered undrinkable water does not come out of a purafied water.. machine.. Well I do use terrariums but not alot  I just have terrible luck, so very small water pools at the start don't last very long..  sometimes I'm out of water before turn 100..  you have to find it lots of times and I just don't luck out much..

My these are space aliens and they haven't masterd electricity yet,  you just need to wrap a wire about a container and pass an electric current threw it to produce heat?  what is this thing you call fire..  

but seriously i do use them and I will continue to use them, as they work great for how I play,,   I just suffer from water failure..  oh well..  but in my area the terriaumum..  are perfect and I don't need wiring all over the place.. out to timbuktoo....  So well I will continue to use them until they take them out of the game..  if they are so wasteful, then they should fix them or remove them, but I'll cry if they do!

Rify i mean Edit  to Klei thanks for fixing the geysers and coming up with many more types.. I'm doing lot better now!

Archived