Server no longer using Steam collection

On 12/24/2017 at 9:43 PM, james508959 said:

I too have this issue, neither ServerModCollectionSetup nor ServerModSetup work. It still shows in the log that it downloaded the mods, but it never showed up in the mods folder. Tried on linux/windows/masOS, all the same outcome.

Having the exact same issue on multiple servers.

I do know that Steam has removed support for a workshop download method that some other games were using, it is possible this is effecting DST aswell. Is anyone currently able to download mods using the ServerModSetup method?

I was looking for a way to workaround this problem using steamcmd to download the mods:

workshop_download_item 343050 382501575

But It doesn't works. I get this error:

Downloading item 382501575 ...
ERROR! Download item 382501575 failed (No match).

And I tried this web too: http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/view/382501575 and it says: "The game that this item belongs too does not allow downloading of its items...BUMMER!"

Why the game doesn't allow the downloads?

On 2017/12/29 at 12:14 AM, Maco02 said:

I was looking for a way to workaround this problem using steamcmd to download the mods:

workshop_download_item 343050 382501575

But It doesn't works. I get this error:

ERROR! Download item 382501575 failed (No match).

And I tried this web too: http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/view/382501575 and it says: "The game that this item belongs too does not allow downloading of its items...BUMMER!"

Why the game doesn't allow the downloads?

You used the wrong appid. See this shell script I wrote. 

workshop_download_item 322330 $modid

Spoiler

Wow! Thanks linweiqing! I'm curious for the appid change... But anyway, it did the trick.

The problem is that now I'm having "Timeout" errors every time I run the command:

./steamcmd.sh +@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1 +login anonymous +force_install_dir /tmp +workshop_download_item 322330 382501575 +quit

Redirecting stderr to '/opt/steam/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
"@ShutdownOnFailedCommand" = "1"

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Download item 382501575 failed (Timeout).

• Developer

Thanks for posting the info this. I'm looking into what changed to cause the servers to fail to download the mods.

Edit: Looks like Valve fixed the issue on their end already? Please let me know if you see any other issues with it.

Archived