Oxygen temperatures in Exosuits

Has anyone looked into how this works? I've been pumping 70 degree oxygen to my suits and the dupes have been happily using them, but it's strange. The docks aren't heating up and the suits aren't really heating up either. After 30+ cycles they've gone from 22 degrees to 30 degrees, the oxygen in the dock used to recharge them says it's 60.

Basically, I wanted to see if exosuits would allow dupes to directly use oxygen from electrolyzers  without overheating and it sort of seems like they do but sort of not.

Any ideas about how the heat transfer between the dock/suit/oxygen works?

I don't know about suits, but dock/oxygen transfers are most likely handled by the common rules for temperature transfer. That is, the oxygen in the dock reacts with gases and liquids outside the dock, but not directly with the dock itself.

Heat transfer is only slightly dependent on mass of the objects in question. A large "block" of oxygen inside the dock will therefore exchange heat at a similar rate to a 2kg tile outside, it will just hold more heat.

I wouldn't expect the gas in the suit to interact directly with the dupe since it would be a rare kind of a special case. Just an educated guess though, I could be wrong.

That's interesting, and seems about right.

I have a vacuum behind my dock so the dock itself doesn't heat up because there's no go-between gas.

The suits are heating up but now that I think about it maybe that's because I have them digging in hot areas.

Exosuits might allow you to pull oxygen out of steam geysers without leaking any heat onto the map.

16 hours ago, Moggles said:

I think I noticed their bladder decreasing slowly over time while in an exosuit. So they might still be pooping. Just very slowly. Inside of the suit.

The suit gives the dupes a buff which, in total, lowers the dupes bladder by 10% of the normal rate it increases.

Archived