all metal things should have the option of being built with refined metal

42 minutes ago, OfficialLolicon said:

However, why exactly?

Because you can refine all metal and being unable to build things that require only metal ore. Somebody already refined all copper ore and then he cant make exosutis.

Sometimes I build something, then rebuild it to be more optimized and in the end I have a lot of refined metal but systematically amount of ore is decreased.

Because of that i also think that anything that is able to build with metal ore should be able to build with refined one.

30 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

make versions of everything that take unrefined and make a refined version

The more item types in game, the more memory and processing power is consumed. Making it that way only reduce game performance.

Refined metals have benefits that one might also want to have for their low tier buildings. For example, players might want to rebuild all of the low tier buildings and tiles in their base with ones made from gold to improve the decor. It also a bit ridiculous that we have to use gold amalgam to for example build a pump or thermo regulator with temperature resistance even when refined metals like copper with the same benefits are available.

Also need to add different bonuses like gold give +5 decoration and +20 % so that way you can rebuild some things wiyh gold to reduce amount of - deco staff like golden toilets :D. 

Coper give bonus to amount of energy that can travel thru cable.

Tungsten take 10 material to produce pipe instead of 100

Process of refining metal is not easy and so far you can use it only to build automation that have to cheange. 

On 12/8/2017 at 3:35 PM, Neotix said:

Because you can refine all metal and being unable to build things that require only metal ore. Somebody already refined all copper ore and then he cant make exosutis.

Sometimes I build something, then rebuild it to be more optimized and in the end I have a lot of refined metal but systematically amount of ore is decreased.

Because of that i also think that anything that is able to build with metal ore should be able to build with refined one.

Fair point. There are times where I want to change my gas pump from Gold Amalgam to Gold because of overheating:p

Addition to that, using refined metals for just automation and a few things seems, too low to prioritize.

Archived